Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Red Hammer @ PCG

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭cherubaul

less than a week now lads.:D:D:D
    Any more decided to go? Interest has been a bit lacklustre here i have to say quite disappointing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭delta-boy

actually myself cherbaul,i have been very excited for this and so have some others,but thinking that i was there on saturday and so the site and a few people from ASI i cant wait for it,it shall be the biggest event of the year.100 people i was told:cool:.well see you all there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Jinko: That lift is now confirmed. PM me and we can arange pick-up points, times etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Harekin

Tommyboy71 (UN)
    NakedDex (UN)
    horgan_p (UN)
    Zombie Dog 1 (Russian)
    Zombie Dog 2 (Russian)
    Zombie Dog 3 (Russian)
    Spetzcong (UN)
    Lemming (UN)
    Harekin +1 (UN. Will change to Russian if necessary tho)
    delta-boy (UN)
    Jinko(UN)

EDIT: Just thought Id update the list.

http://www.happycountdown.com/redhammer/index.cfm
    courtesy of indiego 1981 of the ASI forums :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Lemming wrote: »
    Any links to transportation?

Any links to transportation?

Not meaning to sound flippant or rude, but why?

You're posting on a thread that is odds-on being predominantly read by people in the republic of Ireland travelling to the North of Ireland for a specific event. Do I need to spell this one out as to how one might sort transporation?

Not meaning to sound flippant or rude, but why?

You're posting on a thread that is odds-on being predominantly read by people in the republic of Ireland travelling to the North of Ireland for a specific event. Do I need to spell this one out as to how one might sort transporation?

Actually it was mostly a joke on your thoroughness (sp?).

If you were suggesting mooching a lift then I am now making a formal request to anyone who has space in their car.

Actually it was mostly a joke on your thoroughness (sp?).

If you were suggesting mooching a lift then I am now making a formal request to anyone who has space in their car.

Where are you travelling from?

• Advertisement

Raheny, in Dublin.

More than prepared to meet somewhere if it's possible.

Raheny, in Dublin.

More than prepared to meet somewhere if it's possible.

What time are you available on Friday for pickup?

I would also consider myself a last resort for transport since I am still waiting to see if the shin-splints I picked up last week have healed themselves sufficiently to play a weekend of airsoft; thus I may not actually be able to go even though I've paid up. Until friday morning I simply will not know for sure. If I am going, I will be heading up early enough (i.e. around 4.30pm)

If you agree to give me a lift I can make myself available at that time.

I'll do as you suggest and keep checking though.

If you agree to give me a lift I can make myself available at that time.

I'll do as you suggest and keep checking though.

I don't know the north side of the city terribly well for navigation purposes. My route (if not picking anyone up) would be onto the M50 at Ballinteer and straight up onto the M1. I work and live near the Dundrum and Balally LUAS line stops on the 'green' line - so a straight hop out from Stephen's Green. How likely is that for you given work/college/whatever ?

I work just off of the Finglas/N2 exit on M50, I live near enough to the M50/M1 junction.

I reckon I could take a half day from work and get myself out to Balally.

I work just off of the Finglas/N2 exit on M50, I live near enough to the M50/M1 junction.

I reckon I could take a half day from work and get myself out to Balally.

If yuo're just off the Finglas exit I could arrange a pickup somewhere there. But I would try and arrange a lift with someone else just in case my shins aren't feeling up to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Pred_Bull

Remember folks, if you haven't got a letter and want one:

info@predatorcombat.com

On a final note as I go into overdrive finalising everything this week, I look forward to seeing you all on what is sure to be a very memorable weekend.

We've planned, we've worked hard, and it's finaly paying off as the event finally takes full shape. You may also notice some further improvements to the safe zone since the last time some of you folks were there. :)

From me and the PCG team, we look forward to seeing you all and giving you an unforgettable event.

Thanks,
    Kyle

I will be unable to attend this shindig or any other Airsoft related shindigs for the next two weeks.

*grumble* Doctors! what would they know? *grumble*

Thats 5 weeks without a skirmish. Dammmmnit!!!!!!!

Enjoy it fellas. Take good pics and then don't show me cos I might shed a tear:(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

i'm going to have to drop out - i just dont have the time at the moment.
    cursed work......

• Advertisement

Hey guys, will any of you retailers be selling bdus at the event?

yep,paul from curiousunlimited will be setting up a stall at the event selling brit DPM,and lots of other stuff.
    check on ASI:D

Awesome, thanks folks.

lemming how are the legs feeling?
    You still up for this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

Any of you coming up tomorrow (Friday) night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Gotta pull out due to an insane amount of work that has built up for me for the weekend, it's looking like an 8 day work week instead of a 3 day weekend.

Enjoy it.

• Advertisement

ASI Casper wrote: »
    Any of you coming up tomorrow (Friday) night?

Yup, planning on heading up with senordingdong in the car

yup 3 of us coming to camp over tonight. hoping to arrive about 7.

I am going. To hell with doctors orders:cool: Should be there about 7 as well.

Thats the spirit my good man get up and get stuck in there.

Element FX are involved for this one as far as i know so we get a scenario with explosions and other special effects. Cant wait have a substantial amount of sterling set aside for teh procurement of pyros.

Also anyone going to the event when buying smokes on site dont buy anything less than a 90 second smoke grenade they wont give you enough cover to do anything so 90 second minimum.

similarly ring pull grenades arent worth their price stick to strike caps.

thermobarrics would have been good in the night game but seeing as how it isnt on they arent really going to be of much use.

thunderflashes- usually cheaper and louder than the pea ball grenades, easier to hold and can act as an effective stun grenade into the bargain a very useful buy always nice to have a few handy.

and Remember if using pyros listen to the safety briefing they can be hazardous if used incorrectly.

EDIT: OMFG i cant believe it I cant believe it my russian camo has just arrived at my door How Damn cool is that now i wont have to proxy at all full loadout FTW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

have fun guys, i would have loved to have been able to go to this one, bring us back some good pictures :)
    EDIT: OMFG i cant believe it I cant believe it my russian camo has just arrived at my door How Damn cool is that now i wont have to proxy at all full loadout FTW.
    what camo did you get?

• Advertisement

FLORA cut in the GRU style, Had KLMK in the same order but DMitry didnt have them in stock at time of dispatch so they are 3 days behind.

TBH i'm not bothered as i have a set now and the KLMK will come in handy for another event when it arrives.

Puding are you attending?
    Would love to see you and your RPK fighting for the motherland tomorrow

unfortunatly due to work i can not make it :(

i woudl have loved to have been down there especialy since my gorka and smersh also turned up from dmitry (got to love that guy :D )

sorry to hear it buddy

what pattern did you get on the Gorka partizan or birch

also what are your first impressions of the smersh gear
    DarkMM just got his in the door aswell

i got my smersh last week so got to play with it on sunday last, have to say i love it, i know webbing is not everyones taste but i do rate is over my normal molle vest i find it more comfortable and does not restrict my movements, i will post some pictures when i get home for you

the gorka as well is an amazing piece of gear, i would gladly pay a lot more for the same gear compareing to some of my other camos, im not going back to them in a hurry :p

order i got the monday after the gathering (so pissed it did not get to me in time for teh gathering)
    smersh webbing set (assorted pouchs)
    Gorka s

order im waiting on
    gorka e (normal partizan camo)
    partizan suit
    gorka e (ss aurtum camo)
    Sposn Eger Chest Rig

Well that was ****ing excellent.
    You gentlemen missed something really awesome.

brill event from today and yesterday at red hammer.
    was class day all way round and a very high playing.

That was fantastic. Anyone who didn't go missed out on a great weekend. Storyline and missions fitted well together and the command structure, medic rules, and amazing standard of both play & skill from just about every player made it an absolute joy to be part of.

Ladys and gents simply put it was the greatest airsofting event on the island hosted by the greatest airsoft site on the island.

Kudos to the pred staff esp. Kyle

it had it all explosions, firefights, room clearing, assasinations, booby traps you name we had it including a successful nuclear launch by the soviets and the foiling of our nefarious schemes at the last hour by a plucky UN force. (even if they were gifted the intel :P )

Pyros rule so they do :p

cherubaul wrote: »
    Pyros rule so they do :p

Except when they're thrown by your own team-mate and land on your webbing ... :pac:

• Advertisement

It happens the best of us i got a pea grenade in the head :(. But i hear ya when you say the standard of play was high, it was excellent when people got dug in it was damn hard to get them out and when they attacked they were bloody determined.

Honesty was top notch i didnt come across a single person who didnt take their hit.

Except when they're thrown by your own team-mate and land on your webbing
    :eek:does not sound good

Puding wrote: »
    :eek:does not sound good

Funny in a monty python-esque manner.

Lying on my back, shouting for a medic before I bled out. I see one of my own team (U.N.) throw a pyro. I notice it's a thermobaric (remember, these things have white phosporous in them AND go bang). I then notice that it lands on my webbing and is hissing and smoking.

I then jump screaming "f*ck" repeatedly whilst running and hoppign around flailing my limbs trying to a) get this thing out of my webbing and b) hoping to christ I did get it out of my webbing and getting as far away as I can from it.

How the soviet team didn't riddle me during all of this I will never, ever know (probably wetting themselves I suspect ... ) :P

Mind you, one of the other lads had a thermobaric go off in his pouch. The poor lad! The look of sheer terror on his face before-hand when he realised and the look of shock on his face afterwards! Webbing was charcoaled; the pouch was charcoaled AND blown to pieces. Gives you a new-found respect for pyros.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

Yeah, was lying on the ground during an attack on the fort when I saw one arcing through the air to land right on my leg. Cue frantic scrambling and just a little hysterical screaming.

Had a fantastic weekend and it was great to meet some of yourselves and putting faces to names. Great playing with you guys.

lolz i remember that lemming,
    another good one was when i was on patrol with 'charlie team',and another squad(sorry cant think of name).
    half of us lying on ground bleeding out or medics trying to get to us(it was a small windy road).when suddenly out of now where at least 3 bb grenades came out from the tree line and landed right on front of us,
    dead or alive EVERYONE in its radius jumped and sprinted a far as they could lolz:D:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Pred_Bull

Just want to drop a line to thank everyone who made it up, your support for this event was much appreciated and i'm over the moon everyone had such a good time at it.

I'm aware this is also the first event of its type for some, and believe me, things can only get bigger and better.

We at PCG hope to see you all again in the near future. All the best!
    Kyle

Except when they're thrown by your own team-mate and land on your webbing ... :pac:

Hey, I represent that remark:D

Seriously excellent weekend (even if I did sleep through the pub-quiz:o).

Pros: The standard of gameplay was outstanding. No BS, superb planning, rolling objectives and fantastic command structure (well, I was a squad leader:D). The pyro added a whole new level to the scenarios. Not just the stuff that we were using but the effects company blowing up bases, missiles and a sub. It is just a pity we cannot use it south of the border.

Cons: None.

Big thanks to all the Predator staff and players north and south who made it the best August bank holiday I have had in a long time. I am just glad I rejected the doctors orders and took part.

Roll on Red Hammer Part Deux!!!!

Edit: Footage from the gun cam is crap. Good quality shots of the ground and the peoples boots but nothing that would be post worthy. Apologies to those that were looking for it. Have to mount it on my hat the next day I bring it out.

Yeah, those pyros were fantastic.

Even just the hand held ones added such a new dynamic to the game.

I only wish I could get up there more often.
    Thanks again to all the Predator staff.

Oh and fair play to Delta Boy, definitely the games 'man of that match' or whatever the airsoft equivalent is called.

• Advertisement

Oh and fair play to Delta Boy, definitely the games 'man of that match' or whatever the airsoft equivalent is called.

I agree. What a great player. Fearless.

Advertisement