Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How long did you study for the Theory Test?

Options
  • 07-05-2008 8:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi all,

A bit of a newbie question, but I'm looking to get moving on the driving. Apologies if this has come up before.

Would 2 weeks of studying be enough?

Cheers,

Sanf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

sanf wrote: »
    Hi all,

A bit of a newbie question, but I'm looking to get moving on the driving. Apologies if this has come up before.

Would 2 weeks of studying be enough?

Cheers,

Sanf

Well enough unless you really havent got a clue about motoring at all, its all common sense

I studied the day before and got them all right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

I had to study for over 2 weeks because I literally knew zero about driving. I was grand with the obvious ones- e.g. "What does a Stop sign mean?". The ones I needed to actually learn were stuff like "What is your stopping distance at x km/h?". "What would you do if x went wrong with your car?". A lot of the questions are quite technical.

I got 39/40 in the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Two weeks is fine, get a hold of the CD and just do the tests when ever you have a free 10 min.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 sanf

Cool,

The earliest booking I could get is 3 weeks anyway so I think I'll be grand. I do know zip bar the common sense so some study will be necessary.

Thanks for the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

I passed mine after just one day studying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Yeah I passed my theory test, studying the handbook with the bank of questions in just under a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Didn't study it..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

If you've paid any attention as a passenger, you'll know 90% of it allready. Learn stopping distances. tread depth,take note of the obscure road signs and you should be fine.

39/40 after half an hour with the book.

Advertisement