Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lucy Kennedy

Options
  • 07-05-2008 8:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

I've been watching Living with Lucy over the past few weeks and it's not bad. But what is it with Lucy absolutely crapping herself laughing at every little thing. The laugh is so fake as well. I never really liked her much in Podge and Rodge and just thought she was the token bit of eye candy but it looks like RTE are going to push her a bit.

Any other opinions? The fake/forced laughter is doing my head in.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I wouldn’t call it fake or forced, nervous maybe. She better than most of her Irish contemporys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

I've said this on another board so forgive me for repeating myself but I have lost any and all resppect I was ever going to have for Lucy Kennedy.

After watching her crawl up inside Jade Goodys big, huge @ss I find it unlikely that Lucy will ever do anything to redeem herself in my eyes. The premise of the show is a bit sickening in the first place, giving attention to talentless, deluded attention-whores but it could have been salvaged if it has been presented with an objective view. But, no, sadly that is not the case.

Instead we have "Lucy Kennedy Licks Äss" - Mmmmm, yummy! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭Clink

When she was "living" with David Norris she kept doing this forced laugh as it appeared she didn't know what to be saying to him, so instead he'd say something, then she'd act like it was the funniest thing she'd ever heard. I think she was completely out of her league and I thought it was really annoying. If she's not talking filth she doesn't seem to know what else to talk about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

She seemed quite enamored with Bryan (Brian?) McFadden there the other day. I find it's an alright program but most of it does seem to be staged so it's not 'living with lucy' it's 'hanging out in a controlled environment with lucy' and then it's not as raw and dirty as it probably could be...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

I got that impression as well that if she aint talking smut she's not able for anything else, next week is Calum Best so at the end of this weeks program she made some comment about him being a Calvin Klein underwear model. I think she's been living with podge and rodge for too long and even on that program she used to be the one making eyes at the lurid comments being made by the gruesome twosome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭pebblesjm

She's terrible!! NOT EVERTHING HAS TO BE A SEXUAL INUENDO!!! The show is terrible!!! and Podge and Rodge has jumped the shark!!!

pebblesjm wrote: »
    She's terrible!! NOT EVERTHING HAS TO BE A SEXUAL INUENDO!!! The show is terrible!!! and Podge and Rodge has jumped the shark!!!

Ah brilliant. I love that phrase.

I've never watched this show, but it seems as if she's trying to be Louis Theroux?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

where is she from?

Somewhere on the southside I think. Herself and McFadden had the convo about northside/southside last week. Absolutely riveting...no.....really :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭Clink

Can't be as riveting as her spending the day with "celebrity" Sam Mumba and listening to them talk smut!

• Advertisement

Yes, I recall the intricacies of whether black men were more well endowed than white ones. Who says the younger generation are degenerates eh? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭nij

Fine piece of woman-meat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Jesus people give the gal a break! She comes across as being very sincere and down to earth. She's never MET these people before so of course she's gonna be a bit nervous. Whats wrong with havin a laugh and being yourself? Isn't that a refreshing change from the fake as f**k approach from Lorraine Keane et al..

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭gally

Noisy ol bag.And if memory serves me correctly she was fined for dropping her fag butt in some West of Ireland town last year.Ca,nt stand that kind of behaviour.Is she a bloke dressed up?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

Quality wrote: »
    where is she from?

She's from Dalkey doncha know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

hence the convo with Bryan McFadden about how she says 'Dart' she said Dorsh ha ha ha ha! Gas but she has a very annoying way of speaking I think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 bubble_bee

she is very annoying, but i thought brian mcf came off really badly in that show, he was acting like a teenager trying to be "cool"!!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

Jesus people give the gal a break! She comes across as being very sincere and down to earth. She's never MET these people before so of course she's gonna be a bit nervous. Whats wrong with havin a laugh and being yourself? Isn't that a refreshing change from the fake as f**k approach from Lorraine Keane et al..

Down to Earth??? She looked very down to Earth allright when posing for photographers during the David Norris episode. Maybe she's in the wrong line of work if she gets nervous interviewing people. She didn't bring anything to the program, it would have been better imo just to have a camera crew following the celeb around for a week, to me she just got in the way and forced big belly laughs out of her. If they are trying to replicate a Louis Theroux type program then they are sadly lacking. Louis fades into the background and is not the star of the show, he's gives the people on the program plenty of rope which leads to much better tv. The best interviewer are the ones who let the guests talk and don't constantly interrupt trying to be bigger then the person they are interviewing.

Doubt there will be series 2.

Yes NHughes, comparatively she is INCREDIBLY down to earth. Would you prefer a fawning, giggling Kelly Brook type airhead who has to keep it zipped or look like a bimbo?
    And she's not "interviewing" people is she, she's living with them! Huge difference.
    Also, who on earth decided she is trying to do a Louis Theroux??????

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Would you prefer a fawning, giggling Kelly Brook type airhead who has to keep it zipped or look like a bimbo?
    Probably. I'm not big on the whole talking thing.

• Advertisement

Sherifu wrote: »
    Probably. I'm not big on the whole talking thing.

Seems about right.
    That would be way too advanced for you

Oh my god, watching this for the first time ever. Callum Best is treating her like sh1te!!!

He is coming across as a right prick!

Oh my god, watching this for the first time ever. Callum Best is treating her like sh1te!!!

Sounds about right. Shame I missed this episode, do they repeat it at 4.10am or some other hour?

Seems about right.
    That would be way too advanced for you
    Empty vessels make the most noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Chill out there folks, no need to get personal :pac:

Yeahhhhhhhhhh ! !
    You tell him there Stargal ;)

PS: Feckin wench sold me out in that episode tonight. Considering a rethink. Methinks.

Yeahhhhhhhhhh ! !
    You tell him there Stargal ;)

PS: Feckin wench sold me out in that episode tonight. Considering a rethink. Methinks.

lol you started it though Honeybun!

So, anyone know if it's repeated?

Always chilled. No need to worry about that. ;)
    You tell him there Stargal
    If you can't take the heat, don't get personal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Aldini98

You sir, are way off. She is psycho analysing him while he is trying to enjoy himself. Thought he should have told her to f off.

• Advertisement

Firstly, I aint no sir.
    secondly he is a grumpy selfish self centred egotistical arse hole who is famous for having a famous dad.

He has no respect for women, He contributes nothing to society and tbh I think Lucy did a good job on showing up what an arsehole he is.

As said before, I havent watched the other episodes, and I would not be Lucys biggest fan. But I felt sorry for her having to waste 3 days of her life with him.:)

Advertisement