Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lucy Kennedy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

Was that before or after she starting talking and laughing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭celticcutie

I agree that she isn't the best presenter in front of a camera but the madest thing is she's hilarious in person. I worked with her. I don't know what kind of a show would suit her. I thought Podge & Rodge was just too scripted and she'd be fine on a 'freer' type role but yip tis been pretty dismal. Pity though cause she's got some sense of humour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I don't know what kind of a show would suit her.

She could do an Irish version of "Most Haunted" as that show is mainly shot in the dark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭celticcutie

Pigman II wrote: »
    She could do an Irish version of "Most Haunted" as that show is mainly shot in the dark.

She's too pretty for the dark!

I saw in the paper that she's left Podge and Rodge to concentrate on Living with Lucy, so that's what was wrong, she wasn't concentrating on it. Looks like there's more of her to come.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭d1975

rovert wrote: »
    I wouldn’t call it fake or forced, nervous maybe. She better than most of her Irish contemporys.

I've interviewed her a while back and she admited that when she's out to places like Red Carpet at the IFTAs etc... she gets star struck also can't believe so many people want to talk to her etc...

she's such a nice persone to talk to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

nhughes100 wrote: »
    I saw in the paper that she's left Podge and Rodge to concentrate on Living with Lucy, so that's what was wrong, she wasn't concentrating on it. Looks like there's more of her to come.

Apparently there's talk of Amanda Brunker replacing her.
    I shan't be watching it again so.

they are doing guest presenters so a few different celebs will be on each week depending on who can cope with those two lol:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Burney

s_carnage wrote: »
    Jes i actually think she's quite hot!!!!

Hot is the word....:eek::eek::eek:

Juicy Lucy...:D:P

Burney wrote: »
    Hot is the word....:eek::eek::eek:

Juicy Lucy...:D:P

I agree she's quite hot mmmmmmmmmmm :p:p:p :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Advertisement

7 minutes in last night and I had to turn off, Lucy was talking to Shane Lynch formerly of Boyzone, Shane was telling her that he would bring her fishing and (wink wink) I can show you my rod. Cue belly laugh. I wonder is there a record for the amount of times someone can say "Oh my God" in a 30 minute program - she's gotta be close.

[Shane Lynch formerly of Boyzone, .[/QUOTE]

they are back together just incase ya didn't know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Purrfeckt10

OMG:eek:..Lucy seems really sound and I'd totally date her! In fact I think her laugh is really genuine and fun. In the last episode, in fairness she was stuck in a winnabago with that muppet ex-Boyzone dude and he wasn't exaclty a joy to listen to..Go Lucy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

I don't get what all the hatred is about. What exactly is wrong with her again? I used to see those Living with Lucy programmes before Lost... just seemed like and ordinary presenter trying to do her job!

Well to remind you, here's my initial post, for me it's the pi**sing herself laughing at anything and the constant little innuendo's.

"I've been watching Living with Lucy over the past few weeks and it's not bad. But what is it with Lucy absolutely crapping herself laughing at every little thing. The laugh is so fake as well. I never really liked her much in Podge and Rodge and just thought she was the token bit of eye candy but it looks like RTE are going to push her a bit.

Any other opinions? The fake/forced laughter is doing my head in."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

OMG:eek:..Lucy seems really sound and I'd totally date her! In fact I think her laugh is really genuine and fun. In the last episode, in fairness she was stuck in a winnabago with that muppet ex-Boyzone dude and he wasn't exaclty a joy to listen to..Go Lucy!!

Totally. date. Winnabago. Dude. America that aways saddo. Her laugh is the fakest thing i've heard in a long time. Apparently D4 rugger boys call it a dirty, up for anything, one of the lauds laugh. Loike, ya know. All back to my winnabago in case I'm on my tobler !

P.s. Hi Lucy, drop the annoying fake laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭CyrildoSquirrel

Saw her having lunch in Dalkey and at the airport. *shrug* Seemed like a fairly average, usual girlie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fifomania

Not to sound bitchy but Lucy isn't great looking, like I've seen more people on Grafton Street who look better! :cool: And her personality comes across as being quite staid and fake.
    Now for a skip from the original thread but...what is with the majority of Irish TV presenters, Lucy Kennedy, Laura Woods, Gerry Ryan, Gay Byrne, Seana Keane, Sinead Desmond, Ryan Tubridy etc etc, who all sound like they come from quite posh areas in County Dublin! Is that a criteria for getting your face on RTE!? :p :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭marzic

Lucy is just indicitive of the complete lack of charm, personality, charisma, that seems to be in RTE at the moment. Shes that sort of loud and proud type, with no real charm or wit, just a ladette really, bit too on the masculine side for a female. Theres nothing wrong with the 'ladette' thing, but i'd expect more from a tv personality. its a general thing with most the presenters at the moment, gerry ryan is a bore and totally charmless, that catherine thomas is'nt much better than kennedy, pat kenny is made from wood, even ryan tubridy is a fidgety fcuker who immediately undoes any good work with his 'fidgeting nerdy persona'. i need a rest now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I can't actually imagine somebody watching that show. Who the f**k is it aimed at is what I want to know. Truly awful stuff. Can RTE sink any further.

*I watched 5 minutes of the episode of Calum Best waiting for something to happen. Muck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

I used to have it on while waiting for Lost (which was on straight after).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Lucy Kennedy is an annoying tomboy twat, IMO. That living with lucy series is an abomination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

My God did you see the clip of her feet when herself and the Don were getting the massage? Not a pretty sight :eek:. What a waste of a program the Don was mumbling on with rubbish talk your wan was just there with that stupid laugh making less sense than the Don.

Nope, I've given up, I saw about 5 seconds of it last night and it was too much. After watching 10 seconds of that Katherine Lynch's wonder woman the only good thing I can say about living with Lucy is that it's not quite the worst thing on Rte at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Shes rotten looking if you ask me.

Good on the telly though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭seanknowsall

I cannot stand Lucy Kennedy....... she is a talentless wannabe who thinks talking filth is gonna make her cool. As for Podge and Rodge..... a load of ****e.... they were somewhat shocking and funny for 5 minutes but have now ran their course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

She's no tits....like two disprin on an ironing board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

sounds like everyone has a voice on the matter .... IMO - the show is not the best on TV, but lets face it , its the people earning the BIG money decide what the rest of us see .....so dont blame Lucy, her nasty laugh or constant referrals to her snoring or farting...blame the RTE Execs for giving the show the thumbs up........and teh same for all the other crap shows on RTE - I want a refund on my TV Licence fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Maccadinho

Patronising. Looking down. Everyone isn't as cool.

So, Celtic Tiger. So lame.

You need to shift track quick Lucy. No matter what has worked in the near past.

Otherwise, bye bye.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Maccadinho

...even with the orr-tee-ee editing stitch-up effort... Twink was effin miles cooler than you.

Is it the producers asking you to be such a raging? Maybe so. Or did Podge and Rodge get your defenses up?

Either way... you're not coming off well. You're coming off hateful. And you're seeming very natural in the role.

Advertisement