Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gutters Need Cleaning

Options
  • 07-05-2008 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've been meaning to get around to cleaning my gutters. Finally gave it a go. My ladder is only barely high enough and I feel like I'm taking my life in my hands. Basically I've decided to pay someone to do it. Any ideas on how much this would cost?

It's a 3-bed 2-storey terraced house, Kilbarrack area of Dublin. Gutters front and back.

Any good recommendations while I'm asking?:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Trapattoni

Hi Donaghs,

I worked fitting gutters,fascia soffit etc to fill in for a couple of years.

To be honest most of the companys in golden pages these days do this kind of thing but beleive me the majority will rob you blind if you let them-please dont cause they can be quite hard sellers and I trust very very few of the ones I know.

Listen think about it - Materials cost how much? say €10 for soap/cloths?!

I would not pay anyone more than €80 - €100 for this. This is really pushing it aswell. If I was to do it for you I'd be in and out in 10/15 minutes - trust me no exageratting!!

An honest price for the hassle would be €40 or €50 but Im afraid that sort of good natured person just doesnt come around too often if ever!

Best of Luck

Trap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Arrange with your neighbours to get all the gutters cleaned at the same time and share the cost. It also makes it worth someones time calling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭donaghs

Thanks guys. Phoned a few people in Golden Pages and got quotes between €50 and €200. Good to have all your second opinions.

Advertisement