Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY Plumbing - Please Help

Options
  • 07-05-2008 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

Anyone know how to fix a jammed tap. My tap in the kitchen has completely jammed and I can't turn it on (luckily its not the opposite). I don't even know where to start on this one. Please help, i'm a damsel in distress!! :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭gazelec

What kind of a tap is it? Mixer tap or standard? Youll need to remove the tap cover on top of the tap,they normally pop off with a screw driver,so that you can get to the nut which holds the tap in place,it is possible water got in and rusted this due to a faulty washer seal,might be a good idea to turn off the water (should be a valve under the sink for this) before you start just incase

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭gazelec

Advertisement