Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bullied on trip away

• 07-05-2008 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭

The 16 year old son of a friend went on a trip abroad with his local soccer club last month. He was treated badly by two managers for most of the time they were away. He was verbally abused on several occasions and told to f**k off by one brave manager. They also pushed their way in to his room a couple of times.

Now this lad is just a normal 16 year old out to have a laugh with his friends.

I have advised my friend to seek legal advice as it seems to me a lot of rules were broken here. How shoul he approach this.

The lad in question doesn't want anything done because he wants to continue playig football with his friends which wouldn't be possible if a case is made as one of these managers has lots of clout in the club. As its a small town there is only one club.

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Why doesnt your friend take his kid and call down to the managers and have a chat with them first before legal route is even considered ? Maybe it can all be cleared up with a conversation or two (hopefully).

Get the managers on their own and ask them in a clear manner (without actually accussing them of anything) what went on with regards to what the son has told him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭icjzfmq7ewon1t

That was my first instinct also but he says the arrogance of these guys means that they will have their story well sorted by now. One of them went to his sons room on the last morning and told him everything that happened was to stay in the hotel which suggests he felt he did something wrong. He also has the problem of the son wanting nothing said despite the fact he was upset enough to ring his mother in tears the night before they returned. Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

I see where your coming from alright but he's going to have to talk to the son and both of them come to a conclusion about what they want to do. He shouldnt drag the son into it if he really doesnt want to do anything but should point outthat unless someone confronts them about it it will probably persist.

That sort of bullying shouldnt be tolerated and gets right up my nose to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭icjzfmq7ewon1t

You've hit the nail on the head he wont go against his sons wishes and I understand that but the fact he knows about what happened and could prevent it happening to some other kid puts him in an awful position I think. Totally agree with you on this type of behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭hairymolly

It is a very tough call. I can fully understand the son's wishes and the parents concerns. How often does the club play abroad? The reason I ask the question is If there is a possibility the club will be playing abroad in the near future, as a parent I would definitely be inclined to say something to the managers, make them aware of the facts that the son told.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

No legal advice.

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement