Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you put in contact lenses? i cant.

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 skuld_in_tape

I haven when I'm drunk. Generally take them out in the morning if they haven't fallen out already - after a white they get really dry and they'll be literally itching to come out. Sometimes at a festival or such I just put some eye drops in and they sometimes last another day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭valz_walsh

Iv slept with them in too. I wouldnt recommend it. If you do though, dont try and take them out right away. Blink a couple of times, as the contacts can dry out your eye over night, and you can damage your eye when you try and take them out too soon.

Iv also swam, and gone for a shower with them in, both big no no's, but not the end of the world if your careful. I wouldnt take long flights with them in, planes can be very drying on the eye's, best just to wear glasses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

My main problem seems to be getting the lenses the correct way around.
    On Saturday alone I managed to put the right lens in backwards twice.

I've heard there are lenses with some sort of identifying symbol to prevent this.
    Are there any particular brands that have this feature?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Defenestrate

The Acuvue Oasys I use have a little '123' symbol on them for this but I've never used it. The best way to check is just to look at the lens, if it's the wrong way round the edges flick up a little rather than being a perfect dome shape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

The best way to check is just to look at the lens, if it's the wrong way round the edges flick up a little rather than being a perfect dome shape.

I've tried that and the taco method with my current lenses, but I just can't see a significant physical difference either way round.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Defenestrate

Maybe it's less apparent with whatever brand you're wearing but there still should be a noticable difference between right and wrong ways out, otherwise it wouldn't matter which way you put it in. Try holding it up to the light and flipping it each way till you can see the change. (And keep it hydrated otherwise you could tear it).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Rob_l wrote: »
    look upwards and open your mouth it seems to lessen the blink reflex
    This here is what bugged me about trying to put them in, i gave up after 4 days as it just irritated me to no end...but this was 2 years ago.

Those 30 day ones i havent even seen before(no pun intended)but might check them out and go with the flow. It would be nice to have a break from glasses after 15 years:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Shea Butter

OP You have to persevere. When I first tried it in Spec Savers I was there in a room for about 1 hour. Eventually one of the guys came over to me a practically shouted instructions at me. I got them in due to the raised voice :D Never looked back.

Try not to leave them in drunk. I have done it a few time but mine are soft monthly and I didn't do any damage. Once I was driving home from work one day while wearing my glasses which had been giving me a bit of discomfort at work, which I put down to the beer the night before and spending all day at the computer. When I removed my glasses while in the car, after a few blinks I thought my eye sight had fixed itself. :)

Yep.... I still had my contacts in :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Jigsaw wrote: »
    However I have shagged, swam and showered with them in.

At the same time ?

Advertisement