Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

our friend in London

Options
  • 07-05-2008 10:12am

Johnson is known for his love of cycling and regularly cycles to work. He has been the victim of several bike thefts and has expressed his desire to plant "decoy bicycles throughout Islington and send Navy Seals in through the windows of thieves".

Won't hear anything bad said about Boris, he is one of us...................

sorry, should be in the cycling thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

i wish we had a boris in dublin, the guy seems to totally up front and gets the ****ing job done.
    look at what he did for the motorcyclists in london.
    and id be inclined to believe him:rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

I'm yet to come across anything that justifies my irrational dislike for the guy (I suspect it's negative feedback from the left media that planted those seeds).

He does seem like a very easily dislikable guy, but let's see what happens in the coming months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Apart from his stated aversion to Islam and gay people getting married, he's probably a decent chap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

dursey wrote: »
    "decoy bicycles throughout Islington and send Navy Seals in through the windows of thieves".

Not the wisest of things to say. Are the Royal Marines inferior to US forces? :confused:
    Ah, I'm reading too much into it

David Cameron cycles too afaik. For his first month as leader he cycled to Westminister every day, doubt he still does it though

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Think the tabloids snapped him cycling away from his mistress's house during the 'bonking Boris' scandal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

el tonto wrote: »
    'bonking Boris'

Not enough lucozade clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

micmclo wrote: »
    Not the wisest of things to say. Are the Royal Marines inferior to US forces? :confused:
    Ah, I'm reading too much into it

David Cameron cycles too afaik. For his first month as leader he cycled to Westminister every day, doubt he still does it though

Cameron cycled to westminster with his official car (leaders of the opposition get one) travelling behind him carrying his briefcase. Kind of defeats the whole point, doesn't it?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭rp

micmclo wrote: »
    Not the wisest of things to say. Are the Royal Marines inferior to US forces?
    Ah, so that's it. I took it to mean he would shove dark blue aquatic mammals through people windows in retribution

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

At the same time after analysis of the respective candidates policies the London Cycling Campaign backed Sian Berry (Green) and Ken Livingstone (Labour) over Johnson.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Which just goes to prove that old political adage (that loud-pronouncements-about-getting-medieval-on-bike-thieves-asses do not a pro-cycling mayor make).
    blorg wrote: »
    At the same time after analysis of the respective candidates policies the London Cycling Campaign backed Sian Berry (Green) and Ken Livingstone (Labour) over Johnson.

• Advertisement
Advertisement