Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Cow LUAS - safe for bike parking?

Options
  • 07-05-2008 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone here leave their bike at the Red Cow LUAS stop? I'm thinking about doing it. Maybe cycle to there, and then get other transport the rest of the way into work, if even until I get comfortable enough to cycle all the way into work!

But my question is, is it safe enough to leave the bike there? Or is there any known horror stories about the place? Dont fancy gettin the bike nicked!!

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Davittdr

Would you not just stay on the bike, the luas takes 36 mins to get from the Redcow to Connoly according to this (http://www.luas.ie/journey-times.php) and the distance is only 10K and down hill on the way into town?

I wouldn't think a bike is too safe as the culprits know it will be threre all day. I have a friend who cycles to a dart station and leaves his bike locked, at this stage at least 3 have been stolen and he now just buys an old 2nd hand bike for less then €100 and they still get knicked.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Davittdr wrote: »
    Would you not just stay on the bike, the luas takes 36 mins to get from the Redcow to Connoly according to this (http://www.luas.ie/journey-times.php) and the distance is only 10K and down hill on the way into town?
    That would mean that it would be 10k up hill all the way back mind. If you are going to lock the bike, use two different locks (a U-lock and cable lock.) Get a seriously heavy U-lock and leave it at the Red Cow and do it with a cheap bike.

Advertisement