Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does a repaired puncture last?

Options
  • 07-05-2008 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I got my first puncture there last week. I repaired it with a puncture repair kit from the local shops. I took it for a quick spin around the block and it seems fine, but realistically, are they just temporary? Should I be just using this tire for cycling up to the local bike shop to buy a replacement tire? Or will it last me, not indefinately but, long enough?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cunnins4

Should last the life of the bike, so don't worry!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

If it's been patched properly then it'll last longer than the rest of the tyre.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

As others have said if done properly it will last indefinately.

If not done properly you will soon find out, indeed probably would have already.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Sean02

B.man are you pulling our chain. have u considered AA breakdown service. alternativly why not keep the good inner tube solely for long trip further than around the block.

Advertisement