Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So Sick Of Clearwire!!!

Options
  • 07-05-2008 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭

THEY SUCK!!!! does anyone know what perlico are like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Neworder79

Clearwire customer service is abominable. I had constant service issues until the year contract ran out and I ditched them. Terrible speeds way below advertised, skype and other broadband services blocked, download throttling to dial up speeds, inconsistent service where one day full reception nothing the next, regular outages and local mast taken down with no replacement for 2 months.

Every time I called the support line I got fobbed off with the promise of a call from a supervisor, they never returned one call in 6 months. And the final insult is they continued to take money from my account after disconnection, even though they promised on the phone support not to, and have since failed to return the charge despite 2 more complaint calls.

I guess that's the "American Way" as they say in their ads.

Moved to Eircom DSL which is at least a little more consistent, though it seems you have to hound all these companies on the phone to get anything done. 3 calls to get a eircom line put in, 3 more calls to get the line people to talk to the broadband people. Another few calls over 3 weeks to see if anything was happening with my order, bought my own modem followed by more calls to see why they connected me to 1mb instead of 3 package...one day I'll get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Perlico is eircom reselling.

What it is like depends mostly on how good your phone line is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Smart Telecom ftw!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

really? why are smart telecom so good?

I'm currently on hold to their "customer service"... WHAT A JOKE.... I can't cancel my service coz of the contract and if I do I'll have to pay €200. So instead I have to continue to pay €30 for a bad service and be treated like s**t until next Jan. THIS SUCKS DONKEY BALLS!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

I have had a nightmare with them ass holes they are the worst company in Ireland.

There staff are ignorant & complete artads!

My story is to long to explain.
    im sure its similar to most.

I have had a nightmare with them ass holes they are the worst company in Ireland.

There staff are ignorant & complete artads!

My story is to long to explain.
    im sure its similar to most.

Well I think NTL win the "Irelands worst company" award, but clearwire would be a very close second!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I'm currently on hold to their "customer service"... WHAT A JOKE.... I can't cancel my service coz of the contract and if I do I'll have to pay €200. So instead I have to continue to pay €30 for a bad service and be treated like s**t until next Jan. THIS SUCKS DONKEY BALLS!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

If they're not able to provide what you pay for, then you may well be able to get out of the contract. Check the terms and conditions for the minimum they guarantee, then document your current speeds, various times of the day, for a couple of weeks. Write everything down. Ring them every day to say it's not working, or put that in an email to save waiting on hold. When you have proof that it's not doing what it should, send all the documentation you've gathered over the course of the month and tell them to come collect their crappy modem. Cancel your direct debit, tell Clearwire you're doing this, and hopefully that'll be the end of it. They'll probably fight you on it at first, but keep at them and they'll likely back down. If you can, try and get them to admit that they know it's not working. At that point, they're effectively nullifying the contract as they admit they can't provide the service.

If you think Clearwire customer service sucks, then stay away from Perico. I'd say they could run rings around Clearwire for fud, misinformation and general suckiness.

oh god, I'm not sure I have the energy for all that.... but it's great advice!! No I will, I'll summon up the reserve energy I have somewhere in my toes or something and take them on. Coz we shouldn't have to put up with that crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

All you have to do is send the equipment back to them with a letter demanding that they terminate your contract as you are not satisfied with their service or actions after x amont of calls to complain. Write a letter to your bank manager requesting that the direct debit be cancelled also. no more lost money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Chopper

I am in a similar situation... after multiple issues over the term of the contract (including being overcharged without notice) I think I have finally managed to halt their crusade against me.

They have an arrangement with some courier company who come to collect the modem when you want to return it. I spoke with the pick-up driver when he collected my modem and he told me he was collecting up to 10 modems per day from disgruntled ClearWire customers.

I am composing a long list of issues I had with ClearWire to send to their customer service management and will be cc'ing a copy to ComReg. I encourage everyone else to do the same

You can contact ComReg
    By phone (LoCall): 1890 229 668 (09.00am to 5.30pm)
    By fax: 01 804 9671
    By email: consumerline@comreg.ie
    By post: ComReg Consumer Team
    Irish Life Centre
    Block DEF
    Lower Abbey Street
    Dublin 1
    websites are: www.comreg.ie / www.askcomreg.ie / www.callcosts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

really? why are smart telecom so good?

Smart Telecom offer probably the best DSL package out there if you are on one of their enabled exchanges.

No Contention or Caps - only a fair use policy which I think I've only heard of 1 person been penalised in 3 years with them.

Advertisement