Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor's Pass....

Options
  • 07-05-2008 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭

Went down to kerry on Sunday and cycled from a town called 'Camp' up Conor's pass, through Dingle and back to camp via Anascual (spelling?). But was just wondering if anyone else has cycled up the pass and if they had to stop often? That's my 4th attempt and the best I've done is stopping once although I'm not used of hill climbing.

Also does anyone have a profile or know where i might find one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

at mapmyride.com you should be able to draw it on the map and then click the "show elevation" link at the bottom of the map

Sample: http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/ireland/dun-laoghaire/377987305

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Z

I cycled this from the top down (lol).
    Pretty treacherous.
    Did you climb up to the corrie lake?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭dave2pvd

I've climbed Conor's Pass several times.

To be honest, I don't think it's so bad, as the gradient is fairly constant. Compared to, say the Dublin/Wicklow mountains, where I am used to more changeable and steep grades.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

There are mountains in Dublin?????? Where????

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

I from Kerry used train on it nearly every week . never had to stop but i do have a small advantage of only being 62 kilos and being 6ft in height

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I from Kerry used train on it nearly every week . never had to stop but i do have a small advantage of only being 62 kilos and being 6ft in height

I thought I was bad at 6'3" and 70 kilos. Are you sure you actually still exist? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

62 kilos and being 6ft in height

christ all fúcking mighty.

pm me your address, i'll put some sandwiches in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

niceonetom wrote: »
    christ all fúcking mighty.

pm me your address, i'll put some sandwiches in the post.

Thrust me i eat like a horse and train like a deamon i have always been thin i never put weight on im lucky that way . All i like to do is climb not so goodon the flat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭dave2pvd

My 6'2", 74Kg self is now feeling somewhat, em, fat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclegadabout

6' 4", 72kg
    For the record.

Starvin I am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Makes my 6', 105kg frame look too massive to comprehend :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭supertramp

Went up once last summer,,,, and stopped once for a "photograph"

Photography is a cyclists best friend :)

Luckily there was a van that sold tea and sweets at the top!!! I thought I was seeing things...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

Have done it a good few times . that loop in fact . starting and ending in Castlegregory. I wouldnt stop going up it. It is not that difficult. All about getting into a rytham really. The downhill is savage. You can get some speed up there. Even overtake the odd car as they cant go down very fast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

Are you related to Ryan Tubridy?

I thought I was skinny, 5' 7" and 9 stone 7 pounds, in fact I am skinny!!

Advertisement