Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Flaws

• 07-05-2008 10:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else feels the same.
    I think they really messed up the online menu system for joining games etc. the system there at the mo is crap!

You are trying to start a match. One persoon joins, sees that there are no people there yet then leaves in hope to try find a better game (more people). So basically the whole thing is full of people hopping between games trying to find one with people. Noone has patience to wait for a few more.

Also the fact that quitting a game does not incur a penalty. Quitting should lose the player at least $500, ive been in too many games where all but two or three people quit. Its annoying as hell.

Other than that its great, all the gametypes are great fun, especially car jack city. And the pre game lobby for creating a party? well, probably the best lobby ever.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

completely agree, i think the implementation of how you actually start a mp game is terrible

I know GTa was never one for starting game menus, but this is crying out for one

hoiw annoying is it when a host leaves or something happens and you have to wait to load back into single player, just to start all over again

a menu system would have been much better, and i think its seriously let the game down

You cant pick a game to join, its ****e. Its much better to see a menu system where you can see player amount, mapname, ping etc and then pick a game youd like.

And also, im still finding the game extremely laggy, with most games crashing down after a while, its clearly **** hosts, which is another extremely frustrating thing, i want to be able to pick a game with a good ping, instead im being randomly chucked into random games, where 90% of the time i mgetting **** pings cause of a **** host.

heres hoping to a major patch update to fix the mp menu and system.

Actual gameplay is fine , fast and fun.

But its implementation and initial startup is teething and annoying, so much so im not playing it anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,523 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

COD4 has the best lobby system I know. Its almost as if the Multiplayer portion of the game is a separate game on the disk. GTA4 would have benefitted greatly from borrowing some of the ideas.

Dumping back to single player after an aborted game, failed connection or dropped multiplayer game is inexcusable.

Advertisement