Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend Your Gaming Headset (pref wireless)

Options
  • 07-05-2008 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a quality gaming headset that I can also use when I kick back 2.5 meters away and watch a movie or listen to music, so wireless would be great - too much to ask? From what I've seen online caliber headphones are gaming (mic), or their wireless (no mic). I've read another forum with people, discussing this very topic so I'm not the only one having trouble finding a suitable product!

Sennheisser Headphones RS 140. 18-21,000 Hz, Wireless would be ideal if they were wireless. Maybe it's worth losing the functionality of wireless for the benefit of a good gaming headset? Maybe there's a nice microphone solution that can complement the RS 140s that I only have to wear when sitting at the PC anyway? With a budget of €200 what would you recommend?

Thoughts, comments and suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive used quite a few headsets for gaming and find the sennheiser to be superb,great quality.
    Ive had logitech [i swear by their gear],creative,plantronics,sony and none come close to the Sennheisers.
    Ive never used wireless however so cant commment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I use Sennheisers and they're great. They some with a decent length lead but not 2.5 meters. I think you can get an extension for the stereo leads anyway.

Dunno about wireless though

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

LA3G wrote: »

Sennheisser Headphones RS 140. 18-21,000 Hz, Wireless would be ideal if they were wireless. Maybe it's worth losing the functionality of wireless for the benefit of a good gaming headset? Maybe there's a nice microphone solution that can complement the RS 140s that I only have to wear when sitting at the PC anyway? With a budget of €200 what would you recommend?

Thoughts, comments and suggestions welcome.

I had a pair of those (until I stepped on them) and they worked well although there was the occasional bit of interference.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

you're going to get interference with wireless products.

think about it, taking my desk as an example.

i have a wireless router, DECT phone, mobile phone, wireless keyboard.

that's a lot of wireless devices adding more to it won't make it better.

sennheiser make great audio equipment but like for everything that needs to be split second responses (eg. mice) it has to be wired.

also to be pedantic they are headphones not a headset, when someone says headset to me i assume they want a microphone included :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

I have sennheiser R130's and find them pretty decent. You get the odd bit of interference and if you are a bass junky look elsewhere but sounds quality is pretty good.

Great range too - can use them all over the house / garden

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Cremo wrote: »

think about it, taking my desk as an example.

i have a wireless router, DECT phone, mobile phone, wireless keyboard.

that's a lot of wireless devices adding more to it won't make it better.

sennheiser make great audio equipment but like for everything that needs to be split second responses (eg. mice) it has to be wired.

also to be pedantic they are headphones not a headset, when someone says headset to me i assume they want a microphone included :D

I think those headphones though work on just plain old radio. I wonder if you had ones that worked through some other technology, some digital form like bluetooth, if you would get that interference. Maybe I'm talking ****e I dunno. (I am slightly drunk)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Dcully wrote: »
    Ive had logitech [i swear by their gear],creative,plantronics,sony and none come close to the Sennheisers.
    Solyad wrote: »
    I have sennheiser R130's and find them pretty decent.
    I've heard from a few people they make quality products but it's nice for more confirmation before I buy.
    . I think you can get an extension for the stereo leads anyway.
    The item I have my eye on now has a 3M cable which should suffice!
    Maximilian wrote: »
    there was the occasional bit of interference.
    On further reflection although I really want a wireless product I want a Sennheiser one more and I'll only really be using them in a small room so maybe it's a luxury after all.
    I'm interested in why they don't produce them so can you explain that to me like I'm a 4 year old? They seem to sell wireless microphones and headphones but not in one package.
    Maximilian wrote: »
    I think those headphones though work on just plain old radio. I wonder if you had ones that worked through some other technology, some digital form like bluetooth, if you would get that interference.
    I think the new models are all radio because it's either a better signal/sound, interference aside, or it has a greater broadcast range. I would have thought it more down to the speaker outputting the audio than the means in which it reaches it?

Sennheisser Headset PC 350, 10-26000 Hz, 3m cable, In-Line Volune it is then! Thanks for all the input :D

Advertisement