Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can GTA go now?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Holsten wrote: »
    Gta Dublin all the way!

I'd like in the next one for you to play as a cop too, a really corrupt cop.

Would work perfect in Dublin.
    But there'll be no guns & you'll just end up running away from scumbags, what will be the fun in that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

I'd really like to see them expand certain aspects of the world that arent the setting, like the fact that we've had day/night cycles for a while, why not make it seasonal? Imagine Liberty under six feet of snow or Vice city in the middle of a hurricane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Holsten wrote: »
    Gta Dublin all the way!

I'd like in the next one for you to play as a cop too, a really corrupt cop.

Would work perfect in Dublin.

Haha that'd be class. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Phaetonman

I'd set it in some city that looks nice so that would be Miami.

This whole Liberty city thing is getting old. Why not just call it New York and all the districts the right names. Its either a fake city or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

How about a GTA set in three different time periods in the one city, and you see how much the city changes? For example period one could be a chap in the forties,
    second period could be the first guy's son in the seventies and his son in the 00's to finish it off. As part of one mafia family you could see their history over sixty
    odd years. It would be cool, after getting used to one city, your character dies and you zoom on thirty years, take over the family business and see how much the city has changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Go back to the 80's as Tommy Vercetti and take over vice city again! A new remake, a bigger city. God I just loved the music and the scenery, what a storey line too!
    If they re-done liberty city Im sure its a possibility for Vice city:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Back to the 80's, Tommy overthrown and regain control again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Packie McReary as the next lead charachter....he moves to San Andreas to reclaim back ''Irish'' street names because according to Stormfront, ''the mexicans'' are changing them....

My bet is that the next charachter will be Hispanic and the game will be similar in style to San Andreas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

jcoote wrote: »
    they should get one where u can choose to work for any one of the previous protagonists and each one has its own consquences.

Tommy Vercetti as the vice city 'Don'.

Carl Johnson still running things in los santos

Nico controlling the rising russian mob in Liberty City.

They could have a section of each city (the parts with all the lights :D) and the main city where the war between the 3 gangs is Las Venturas (with interactive hotels)

how cool would that be ...phew :p

I actually think this is a Fantastic Idea and it could work because we are never told Tommy dies!!!! It could be One HUGE map and be the end of this trio of cities!!! It could feature all the Islands and the player can either get a plane or Fly himself.(After taking flight lessons of course!!!)

I dont agree with the "Sections" of cities. they could have all the cities. It needs to be huge!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

blaze1 wrote: »
    i think back to the 20's 30s would be a bad move, mafia was shocking

While I agree the 30's is a bad idea, Mafia was not shocking. I do hope the controls and movement are better in the new one they are making.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

GTA set in Germany or France, 1944 would be cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Failing those two choices, a GTA Texas would be kinda cool. Houston and Dallas are pretty bug urban citys, but you also have all unique elements that a state like Texas brings.

I think that's a great idea. You could have nice big desert area. Mexican border jumpers. Wild horses...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

bus77 wrote: »
    I think that's a great idea. You could have nice big desert area. Mexican border jumpers. Wild horses...

That's what I was thinking. Plus, you'd also have all the humour that Southern America brings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

GTA World! Maybe not so soon, but i'm talking maybe 5-10 years time. It could somehow incorporate Google Earth technology, imagine having unrestricted access to anywhere in the world, and flying from country to country for missions. ****!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Phaetonman

I think that 3 different time period suggestion is a good one and I bet it will be the next thing. Like Godfather, you could get to see a city and a dynasty evolve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

KoKane wrote: »

GTA: Blue Shift (the story following a cop in one of the allready existing eras)

Best idea yet. Maybe an undercover cop trying to infiltrate a gang? Or a crooked cop who's making deals with gangs so that there are normal missions but also missions where he is on duty and chasing bad guys in the car etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭dublander

have they set one in L.A. yet? never really got to play the other ones cuz i always had the xbox & not the ps2. would be cool if you could road trip/fly to vegas or something then aswel!

Advertisement