Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anchoring and using sleepers for a raised patio

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Dunsandin, part of the enjoyment of doing a diy project is the planning and learning process of dealing with new materials and tools. Great and all as it is that your a pro, your comments on thread are far from helpful and in reality a bit trollish. Please refrain from posting in this thread again unless you want your posting rights removed from this forum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Can I just say that keeping it simple is the way to go,chopping and changing and thinking too much can end up make a simple task into a long excercise and a boring 1 at that.

Nothing wrong with using treated wooden fence stakes,long wood screws,nails and some stainless steel 90 degree brackets for anchoring everything down.All readily available from any garden shop or diy store.

Keep it simple,that the key to it.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭the watchman

Will bear those thoughts in mind Paddy. I know my final design now but it will take me a while due to some injuries I carry. However when I've done previous jobs I've always been under some pressure and I am under no pressure at all with this one so I am determined to enjoy it however long it takes:)

Is there anywhere on this site that you can put up creations or work done for others to see as I don't think these threads are really for that purpose.

I hope Paddy that you've put up your pics on that other sleeper site, they deserve to be there.!
    Thanks a lot, thats it for now.

Advertisement