Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ignore Lists

Options
  • 07-05-2008 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭

Two questions:

1) Is there a way of hiding posts from people on your ignore list COMPLETELY - i.e. not even having to see the fact that they've posted ?

2) Is there an issue with having a someone who's a mod on the ignore list ? I don't think I'll be posting in their threads, so it mightn't be a problem, but just checking.....

And before I'm accused of trolling or causing trouble, I'm not.....having reached the end of my tether trying to clarify a misunderstanding elsewhere I just want to know where I stand on the above two points.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    1) Is there a way of hiding posts from people on your ignore list COMPLETELY - i.e. not even having to see the fact that they've posted ?
    Nope. Not to the best of my knowledge anyway.
    2) Is there an issue with having a someone who's a mod on the ignore list ? I don't think I'll be posting in their threads, so it mightn't be a problem, but just checking.....
    Nope. However, if you miss a warning from them because they're on your ignore list, and you subsequently end up banned, that's tough. They also won't be able to send you a PM. This is also tough.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

1 - nope
    2 - if you're posting in the forum they moderate it would be a bad idea. Not against the rules but if you get a warning and you've them on ignore...

edit: beaten, great minds think alike :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Thanks guys - good to know that it's not against the rules anyway.

I don't think I'll be posting in those forums anyway, so it looks like I'll be safe enough, but I'll just double-check what they're mods for, just to be sure.

Advertisement