Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motoring and the Lisbon Treaty

Options
  • 07-05-2008 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

I've been seeing a few sigs here lately about motoring, emissions, etc and the Lisbon Treaty.

I am someone who has not studied the treaty in detail, and I'm still undecided about how to vote.

So, (and lets keep this to motoring issues lads please!!) what specifically relates to cars/motoring in the Lisbon Treaty? If there is not much motoring specific in the treaty, is it legitimate for motorists to vote "no" as a protest against the current FF/Green/PD government (because of Gormleys u-turn on road tax for example)?

Lets keep this a moroting related discussion and keep the stupid partisan party loyalties out of this discussion please ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Ha?

Is there anything at all motoring related in the Lisbon treaty?

And I mean the directly mentioned kind of motoring related.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

There's about 5 words to the effect that "Member states shall work to reduce carbon emissions" I'll root it out and edit it in.
    ENVIRONMENT (CLIMATE CHANGE)
    143) Article 174 shall be amended as follows:
    (a) in paragraph 1, the fourth indent shall be replaced by the following:
    ‘— promoting measures at international level to deal with regional or worldwide
    environmental problems, and in particular combating climate change.’;
    (b) in paragraph 2, second subparagraph, the words ‘Community inspection procedure’ shall
    be replaced by ‘a procedure of inspection by the Union’;
    (c) in paragraph 4, first subparagraph, the last phrase ‘, which shall be negotiated and
    concluded in accordance with Article 300’ shall be deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

thanks for copying that in ninety9er

but as it makes no sense to nobody and I can't see anything specifically motoring related, I would strongly suggest that we leave this topic for discussion in the new EU forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

Ok, thanks for the replies.

I was just wondering about some of the "pro" and "anti" Lisbon sigs here on motors is all.

I'm happy to have the thread locked up and put to bed if no one has anything else to say ...

Advertisement