Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving from Dun Laoghaire to Dundrum Shopping Centre

Options
  • 07-05-2008 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

how? is my question - what's the best route (most direct / easiest for someone not from Dublin)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

sorry mods, hate to bump my own thread..........but can anyone help on this.....

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

Dunlaoire, Blackrock, Mount Merrion Avenue, Fosters Avenue, Dundrum - voila!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

For me...I would go Dun Laoghaire to Dual Carriageway....then go out to Cherrywood, and take the M50(or whatever the hell M it is) Fly out and take the exit for Dundrum....

I'm just putting it out there..obviously you need a more detailed direction but im hopeless with direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Start out at Dun Laoghaire,Dublin R118 0.0

Continue forward onto Dunleary Road - N31 N31 0.2

At T-junction turn left onto the N31 (signposted All Other Routes) N31

At traffic signals turn right onto Frascati Road - N31 (signposted City Centre, Airport) N31

At traffic signals turn left onto Mount Merrion Avenue - N31 N31

Turn right onto Stillorgan Road - N11 N11

Turn left onto Foster Avenue - R112 R112

Turn left onto Dundrum Bypass - R117 R117

Finish at Dundrum Town Centre,Dublin R117

http://www.aaroadwatch.ie/routes/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

guys, anything would be a help.......thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

OK, if I was in Dun Laoghaire, this would be the route I'd take:

Right after the ferry entrance (along the coast road? don't think it's called the coast road but it literally runs next to the sea), take the left, keep going straight and following the road around Deansgrange, up to Foxrock Church and right onto the N11.
    Go northbound towards the city centre but take the Stillorgan exit.
    Keep going straight, pass the Stillorgan shopping centre, onto Lower Kilmacud Road, straight onto Drummartin Road.
    Go straight through the junction into a housing estate and towards the end of that street, take a left, then take a right onto Upper Kilmacud Road.
    You'll pass one set of traffic lights and then the road goes into 2 lanes. The right hand lane brings you into Dundrum Village, which you don't want.
    Stay in the left hand lane, pass the lights, you'll pass the Balally Luas car park on the left.
    At the next cross roads, take a right, go past the pedestrian entrance and the left after that brings you into Dundrum Town Centre Red Car Park.

If you search maps on google, I'd be going up the Kill Avenue route to get from Dun Laoghaire to Stillorgan. From Stillorgan to Dundrum Town Centre, I'd be going Lower Kilmacud Road- Drummartin Road- Eden Park- Upper Kilmacud Road- Sandyford Road (where the red car park is located)

I spend alot of time between Dun Laoghaire and Dundrum and I live in Stillorgan, which is why I'd use this route. There are lots of others that I'm sure are way more straight forward. Give me a shout if you have any other questions!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Some interesting round trips being thrown up here, so I'll put forward another one :p

From Dun Laoghaire (Crofton Road/Dunleary Road) take a left at the Esso Station and up to Monkstown Road. Follow this to the end and swing left onto Stradbook Road and then right again onto Newtownpark Ave. Take a right at TGI Fridays (old Playright pub) onto Newtown Park and then right at the T junction followed by a quick left onto Stillorgan Park. Follow this road straight until the N11 junction and then straight through that and straight all the way along the Lower Kilmacud Road until you swing left on the Lower Drummartin road and then right quickly again brings you up onto the Kilmacud road upper. Follow that road for a few minutes and you're right at Dundrum SC. Only traffic black spots is Stillorgan village, but it;s calmed down a lot recently. :cool:

Advertisement