Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Electric Problem

Options
  • 07-05-2008 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭

My wife's car ('04 Zafira) developed some sort of electrics problem overnight.

The car starts & runs fine, but when you turn the exterior lights on all of the interior lights (Dash, Mileage, Radio, Trip Comp) dim so much you can hardly see them.

As I say, car has been running fine and this seems to have just started this morning.

Any ideas?

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭blackbox

On most modern cars the instrument and panel lights dim automatically when the headlamps are switched on. This is to improve your night vision.
    Could it be that it has been brighter recently and you only started noticing it?
    There may be a thumbwheel that you can turn to adjust the brightness - have you still got the owner's manual?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

blackbox wrote: »
    There may be a thumbwheel that you can turn to adjust the brightness

Doh! :o That's exactly what she did.

Cheers blackbox, that's the cheapest repair on a motor I've ever had.

Advertisement