Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pool/Arse: Who had the better season?

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

My point is that Liverpool did not take a step back. Arsenal just took a massive step forward.

But isnt that football at the highest level?

If you stand still you fall behind because others will overtake you.
    You may feel that liverpool may have taken a step forward with the purchase of torres and they have IMO, but if others take 2,3 steps forward then it still leaves you way behind the top title contenders. So i real terms no gain has been made what so ever. I wouldnt go as far as saying they took a step back though

Arsenal have improved and will again next season. United look like the one to beat next year and with Romans billions chelsea will be in there. I just cant see liverpool win the title next year either and the odds from the bookies reflect that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

jank wrote: »
    But isnt that football at the highest level?

If you stand still you fall behind because others will overtake you.
    You may feel that liverpool may have taken a step forward with the purchase of torres and they have IMO, but if others take 2,3 steps forward then it still leaves you way behind the top title contenders. So i real terms no gain has been made what so ever. I wouldnt go as far as saying they took a step back though

Arsenal have improved and will again next season. United look like the one to beat next year and with Romans billions chelsea will be in there. I just cant see liverpool win the title next year either and the odds from the bookies reflect that.

Arsenal took 2 or 3 steps forwards. Chelsea progressed slightly but were playing well below what they were capable off. United are virtually the same as they were. Liverpool took a small step forward.

I have no issue in folk saying that Arsenal had a better season or play better football. It would be silly to think otherwise. What I do have a problem with is people saying that Liverpool took a step backwards when they obviously didn't.

The points I am making about the fixtures that Liverpool and Arsenal drew just make the argument of whether Arsenal had a better season purely because they there still in it near the end open to a bit more discussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I think the interesting thing is that all of the top four widened the gap that exists with the rest of the league. AGAIN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

event wrote: »
    i dont get what you're trying to say there

i know you will point to points totals, but i would be more inclined to look at league position.

Aye, id rather win the league with a relqtively low points total than come second with a relatively high points total.

Advertisement