Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of getting back into WOW....

• 07-05-2008 1:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

I am thinking of getting back in WOW. I have a level 30 Hunter and haven't played in two years. Would my character still be there?

Also, has the game changed much? What are the expansion packs like.

I stopped playing because I got bored with the constant grinding.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

Yes, alot has changed, a good thing for you is that now it is alot quicker to lvl 1-60 as the exp gains and amount for each level has been changed. But imo i think you should stay away from this game, its evil as im sure alot of other ppl on this forum would agree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Is it still the life-sucking marathon that keeps you up all night, when you only intended playing for half and hour, that I remember?

What's level 70 like or the expansion packs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

If you have time to spare, and dont mind pissing off yoru loved ones and friends. And the occasional sick day then go for it. I wish i hadnt started playign this game, but god damn its addictive. in the last 8 months ive managed to lvl tonns up to70,60,52,42,33,31 and a fresh lvl 7

If only i could get that time back :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

silvine wrote: »
    Is it still the life-sucking marathon that keeps you up all night, when you only intended playing for half and hour, that I remember?
    Yes :(

I was clean for a few months, but had a relapse recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

DON'T DO IT!!!

You're one of the lucky ones who managed to get away from it before you managed to get to the higher levels. Be brave and fight the temptation, you'll never get your time back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭Cullilingus

Am I the only one who actually enjoys playing this fecking game? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭nicryan

nope :D...I really enjoy it which is why I play it...but I will concede that I play it too much.

Nic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

I started a rogue , musta been shortly before easter & its now up till 55 so would say leveling up till about 50ish can be done quick. However am a lil stuck at the moment. Would advise to try and get a party of people around your level to do some dungeons & quests together if done a few successful runs with them. Done that on my warlock, with a priest and warrior. However didn't get a good group with rogue so stuck a few levels below now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭tungsten

why is everyone giving out about this game.
    For most well adjusted folk its a hobby like tennis, crosswords, watching coronation street....like everything in life (no im not gonna talk about moderation) live it to the full and if that means playing this game...why not
    dont think about time lost, think about the sense of enjoyment and fulfillment you gain...right that sounds a bit gay...time to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭briambi

if u have quit this game, dont start again.... as its hard to put down. BUT if you do start again come to bladefist server: horde: add me, kagé

• Advertisement

Berns wrote: »
    I started a rogue , musta been shortly before easter & its now up till 55 so would say leveling up till about 50ish can be done quick. :(

How many hours playing time are you talking to get to that level?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭briambi

im lvl 70 and took me months !! only because id play it a few hrs a week

I hear the game only really starts once you get to level 70...

Advertisement