Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonsilla Railway overpass

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭StrawDub

daymobrew wrote: »
    Leo's website doesn't state their position - maybe they are seeing how the electorate feels.

I was at the meeting the other night, Leo's seems to be in favor of the development with the provisions of schools being the reason. First time I spoke to him, he's very pass remarkable and I would go as far to say he was dismissive of anyone who was against the development, basically stating that if it didnt happen now it would happen in 2-3 years seeing as it's beside the train line etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

oblivious wrote: »
    yea, just make sure it something Fingal County Council is interested in and be will agree maintain it, as playground an other public amenities are something developers lover to put on the plans with any though who will maintain them.
    As someone who lives beside the Riverwood playground and tennis courts I know all about "passive supervision" i.e. push the responsibility onto nearby residents but don't give them any power or assistance. It's a real pain constantly telling people that football is not permitted on the tennis courts (it's in the FCC By-laws and it damages nets and footballers intimidate younger tennis players), picking up glass and litter from the area, fixing stuff that FCC take months to fix. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

Regarding the porterstown connection; when I spoke to the Council staff who are looking for submissions they don't see building starting until before October/November at the earliest. That was about 2 months ago.

If you look a google maps you'll see the end of blanchardstown road south is only about 1.5km(can't remember the exact distance as it is a few months since I checked) from the nearest M4 off ramp. Would like to see a road built from M4 to connect to this as it would be a huge benefit to the near 100K(soon will be) people in Blanchardstown/D. 15 area. Going through Lucan is an absolute pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Is that not whats the M50 is for?

Ruining a green belt IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Hey are any of you lot coming to the beers this evening ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

The M50 is beyond most of D15. coming from the west you have to pass to the south of D15, go up the M50 and enter it from the east.
    the M50 bridge is right in the middle of the green belt and the Metro bridge will be crossing the Liffey here too.
    As for it ruining a Green belt the current situation of everyone crossing the Liffey at Lucan is ruining what could be a decent little community in the heart of old Lucan.
    There are a number of schools along the route people divert through at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Hey are any of you lot coming to the beers this evening ?

Would love to but have another engagement on, have a great night all:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Got a letter in the door from Labour (Joan Burton) yesterday about Kellystown and seemed she was opposed to this.(I didn't read it fully so that could be wrong opinion)

I had a quick glance and I seen one of the bullet points was that the area didn't need to be rezoned for schools to be built so no need to rezone it.

Here is a link to the letter I got....http://www.joanburton.ie/?postid=867

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Got a letter in the door from Labour (Joan Burton) yesterday about Kellystown and seemed she was opposed to this.(I didn't read it fully so that could be wrong opinion)

I had a quick glance and I seen one of the bullet points was that the area didn't need to be rezoned for schools to be built so no need to rezone it.
    She is right that schools can be built on green belt land (which is how Kellystown is currently zoned). Do you think that the land owners would sell bits of their land for a school or will they expect rezoning in return?

She is right that schools can be built on green belt land (which is how Kellystown is currently zoned). Do you think that the land owners would sell bits of their land for a school or will they expect rezoning in return?

even if a compulsory purchase order is put on it, it will be sold at market rate and there can be fast track of the planning procedure for schools and such

• Advertisement

even if a compulsory purchase order is put on it, it will be sold at market rate and there can be fast track of the planning procedure for schools and such
    Apparently, in Irish law, CPO is not available for the purchase of school sites.

Apparently, in Irish law, CPO is not available for the purchase of school sites.

Its no loss really, as by the time the dept of education gets Fingal to buy the land its is usually been a few years and and the price has gone up a lot. I had experiences of this problem.

but the sad thing is back in 2001 FF/government scraped plan to bring in legislation that you have made developers provide section of land for public use a the start of developments and not years down the road as happens in d15

For those interested there is an information Meeting on Kellystown Rezoning - Saturday 24th May at 11am in the Clonsilla Inn by Joan Burton

For those interested there is an information Meeting on Kellystown Rezoning - Saturday 24th May at 11am in the Clonsilla Inn by Joan Burton

Only just heard about this. Anyone go?

Mailman wrote: »
    The M50 is beyond most of D15. coming from the west you have to pass to the south of D15, go up the M50 and enter it from the east.
    the M50 bridge is right in the middle of the green belt and the Metro bridge will be crossing the Liffey here too.
    As for it ruining a Green belt the current situation of everyone crossing the Liffey at Lucan is ruining what could be a decent little community in the heart of old Lucan.
    There are a number of schools along the route people divert through at present.

My point was really, that if you build access it will draw more traffic, like moths to a light, which leads to more development. Its all chipping away at the green belt. So you'll just be ruining another area, rather than saving one as you suggest. Lucan is fine off peak, so its only commuter traffic thats causing a problem.

The other point is there isn't the infrastructure between D.15 and the city center to facilitate communting of a large population in and out of the city center. Theres effectively only 3 main roads into the city center, each one badly bottlenecked, Navan RD, (one lane), The Park, (one lane), Chapelizod (one lane). These 3 roads are handling commuters from a massive catchment area stretching to Navan in effect. So as these roads back up. As they've always done, the gridlock extends back blocking access to M50 and other routes. Feeding more traffic into this, and greating better links into D.15 isn't going to help. Theres no where for it to go. Which is why some of it now spills out into Lucan etc.

Why people would choose to live somewhere thats a commuting nightmare for their work baffles me. Or move into an area thats been plagued with traffic problems for decades then complain about it as if its a new problem. If the infrastructures not there, its not going to change overnight. Not with this govt anyway.

BostonB wrote: »
    Only just heard about this. Anyone go?

I couldn't make it:(

Also just to left you know if anyone want to put in a planing objection or observation i think the deadline in the 5th of June. I just that the planning is organized in such a way if you don't go in with the initial round with Fingal your locked out of the apples process to fingal and An Bord Pleanála.

Also just to left you know if anyone want to put in a planing objection or observation i think the deadline in the 5th of June. I just that the planning is organized in such a way if you don't go in with the initial round with Fingal your locked out of the apples process to fingal and An Bord Pleanála.
    The proposed Kellystown rezoning is not a normal planning permission application - it is a change in the local area plan. So, people are submitting free observations (20 euro for normal planning permission observations/objections) and there isn't a Bord Pleanala appeal step.

So its just fingal initially?

this maybe of interest to some, i presume daymobrew you may have seen this

http://www.riverwoodres.com/content/view/78/1/

here are some suggest options

A. I support the rezoning of Kellystown without preconditions.
    B. I support the rezoning of Kellystown but on the condition that new housing is only built after adequate infrastructure (rail/road etc) has been put in place.
    C. I reject the rezoning of Kellystown.

I think B is probability the best and most likely option

this maybe of interest to some, i presume daymobrew you may have seen this

http://www.riverwoodres.com/content/view/78/1/
    I maintain that website, though the text was written by the Riverwood Residents Association PRO.

• Advertisement

I maintain that website, though the text was written by the Riverwood Residents Association PRO.

Ah so you are aware of it them ;)

keep up the good work

The following planning application was submitted to Fingal County Council last week. Interesting.

F08A/0642, 22-May-2008
    Applicant: Paul and Harry Warnock
    Location: The Old Post Office, Clonsilla Road, Clonsilla, Dublin 15
    Proposed Development: Temporary Park and Ride car park facility together with associated alterations and works to junction of Clonsilla Road, Clonsilla Link Road and Weavers Walk through rear of The Old Post Office, Clonsilla Road.
    Map link.

Who are Paul and Harry Warnock?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭sk8board

Warnock Bros Construction Ltd

Warnock Brothers Plant Limited

Warnock Bros Formwork Ltd

all in D.15 from the briefest of checks.

A quick Google suggest they are developers that have an address in Clonsilla

they had an application in 2006 for 20 no. new two storey detached houses and associated site works in Meath

Here is a link to the planning application

F08A/0642

The maps and document have yet to be scanned in yet, should be up early next week

Advertisement