Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most Popular thread / Most frequent poster

Options
  • 07-05-2008 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Would it be possible to create a feature which allowed you to view all of the most popular threads in the past day/week/month/year based on replies and views? I think this would be a really cool feature to have on boards.

Similar to the above, it would also be nice to see who the most frequent/prolific poster was in the past day/week/month etc. Does anyone else think this would be worthwhile?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

There is this (http://boardreader.com/sp/boards_ie_15682.html) but I don't think it's that accurate. I think it would be cool to get info about the forums too.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Everybody loves statistics; I'll fiddle around with a few things, see if I can make something that doesn't look terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Cool. I should have explained a bit better as I didn't mean just statistics(although that would rock also).

What I would like to see is not just the stats, but an actual link to let you view the threads based on those stats. Similar to the Subscribed Threads/New Posts sections.

So in Forum Utilities we have the following two which I currently use quite a bit:

Subscribed Threads

What I would like to see is:
    *Most Popular Threads
    **Post Leaders

*The Most Popular Threads section arranged/columnized by date/month/year to see the relevant threads.

**The Post Leaders section- similar to the Forum Leaders but would update based on most frequest/prolific posters and update/change as required.

Does my idea le suck or not possible? :)

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Not impossible, as it turns out just more effort than I have to spare right now, unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Cool, no problem.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement