Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games you like that no one else does

Options
  • 07-05-2008 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭

I'm not ashamed to say that I used to love Body Harvest on the N64 back in the day :D

I swear, it was the closest thing to a 3d sandbox game before GTA3 came out.

None of my buddies understood when I'd go on about it! It had everything!
    You travel back in time with a cool futuristic suit, fight really big alien bugs, drive vehicles, big open spaced levels (that you do, admittedly get funneled through).

What's your favourite unappreciated game?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Your off your head :eek:

Body Harvest is one of the greatest games ever made and is GTA 3 daddy.

DMA Design are now called Rockstar.

That game was awesome.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Yeah i'm saying I liked it.

My buddies never understood why though.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Rolo to the rescue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Rings Of Power on the megadrive, I remember reading crappy reviews of it at the time, but I picked it up pre owned and remember it being a fantastic RPG that didn't sell very well, for some bizarre reason

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Rez.
    I don't know a single gamer IRL who actually understands it on my level -- they all just think it's... boring :(

Oh well, more synesthesia for me! :D

Anyone play Little Big Adventure 2? Great adventure game, that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Rez is on pretty much every "PS2 games you must own" list...

[its out on Live Arcade BTW - in case you did not know]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Wayne Gretzky hockey 98 on the 64. Brilliant Brilliant game tha no body understood

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Flashpoint (relative to most of Ireland at least)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Pro Tennis Tour on the Amstrad GX4000... absolutely loved that game. Guess nobody else loved it because nobody else played it :(

Also I loved Star Wars: Republic Commandos, its up there as one of my favorite games of all time yet it received a horrible reception and few people actually liked it. I think it came out in between Battlefront and Battlefront 2 so got overlooked by most people waiting for Battlefront 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Crimson Skies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Somehow doubt that I'll ever meet another person IRL who actually gets why Ouendan! is one of my favourite games of all time.
    Tried explaining it to a mate once, but couldn't quite sell the idea of a quirky rhythm based game with male cheerleaders to him:p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Rez.
    I don't know a single gamer IRL who actually understands it on my level -- they all just think it's... boring :(

What.. really? Everyone I talk to about it (admittedly I know very few who have actually played it) seem to love it. Fantastic experience. Waited years to get to play it, and when I finally downloaded the HD version I understood the fuss immediatedly.
    tman wrote: »
    Somehow doubt that I'll ever meet another person IRL who actually gets why Ouendan! is one of my favourite games of all time.
    Tried explaining it to a mate once, but couldn't quite sell the idea of a quirky rhythm based game with male cheerleaders to him:p

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan is basically videogame drugs. It is possibly the most stupidly fun experience around. Its crazy Japanese game making at its finest. Again, have only heard positive things, although I am the only person I know who has played it in any depth. My Japanophile friends have loved what they have seen though.

Not really too many games I like that others don't... I have heard alot of negativity about King Kong lately though, which I think is the best movie adaptation in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Cold Fear on the xbox - no one else i've ever met rated it but i thought it was a quite decent but short resident evil rip off - and gianna sisters on the C64

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

Dark Messiah of Might & Magic on the PC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Also I loved Star Wars: Republic Commandos, its up there as one of my favorite games of all time yet it received a horrible reception and few people actually liked it. I think it came out in between Battlefront and Battlefront 2 so got overlooked by most people waiting for Battlefront 2.

yeah, great game. Total annihilation, might be the best rts ever, but its kinda old so people refuse to play it.

&

....sega bass fishing..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Anyone play Little Big Adventure 2? Great adventure game, that.

I had the first one and loved it so much. I gave it to a friend to play, he looked at it and thought it was gay. I told him to play it and he loved it to bits. Such a great game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

earth defence force 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

Amplitude on PS2. Without this game there'd be no Guitar Hero.

"What's going on Mekon, you told me that your on so baby your on......." :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Yourself and Butters so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭-annex-

po0k wrote: »

+1
    Started playing it again last Christmas and all the trees were Christmas trees, genius!
    Such a great game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Cold Fear on the xbox - no one else i've ever met rated it but i thought it was a quite decent but short resident evil rip off - and gianna sisters on the C64

Ooh I quite liked Cold Fear as well actually :D

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Chumpski

Not really too many games I like that others don't... I have heard alot of negativity about King Kong lately though, which I think is the best movie adaptation in years.

Yeah, agree with you on that. It is probably the only good movie to game adaption ever released. I think the PSP, DS and 360 versions were poor so that might be why its regarded poorly by most gamers. It was short and a little easy but the gameplay and atmosphere it created was brilliant.

Its a pity that game and movie studios in the meantime didnt pick up on the close relationship Ubisoft and Peter Jackson had in developing the game. As far as i know the game and movie were made together at the same time. Peter Jackson even had a game in mind before he made the movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Helix wrote: »
    earth defence force 2017

Very popular game, everybody who's played it loves it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

Also I loved Star Wars: Republic Commandos, its up there as one of my favorite games of all time yet it received a horrible reception and few people actually liked it.

Loved that game, best control of AI allies in an FPS I've ever experienced.

Beats the pants off the mechanism in Half Life anyway.

Not a very deep game, but a very enjoyable FPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Mission Impossible on the N64.

Also, a lot of people here are listing out games their friends didn't like, but have huge followings and respect...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Turok 360 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Loved that game, best control of AI allies in an FPS I've ever experienced.

Yeah, I haven't played a team based AI FPS since that has such a good AI system. Even if you didn't tell your team what to do they'd take up defensive positions.

The voice acting was very good also, they had the guy who did the voice of Jango Fett as the voice of the lead Commando.

What I hated was they ended on a cliffhanger, but because it didn't sell well they canned the sequel and now I'll never find out how the story ended :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

po0k wrote: »
    I dunno man, I loved that game as did a good chunk of my mates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

This was on the xbox yeah, great great game. Loved this to bits. The squad work was class.

Jesus I feel like getting that out now and playing it or getting my friends to play it.

Advertisement