Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games you like that no one else does

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Spyro the dragon on playstation 1 with the rumble pad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Street Fighter 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

M25 Racer

The controls were shite, but the graphics were fairly good for the time (1999).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

outlander on the snes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Geff

Just Cause.

Lost Planet Extreme Conditions.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Auvers wrote: »
    Rings Of Power on the megadrive, I remember reading crappy reviews of it at the time, but I picked it up pre owned and remember it being a fantastic RPG that didn't sell very well, for some bizarre reason
    wow you were the other guy that bought it :)
    I liked that a lot myself but I never met anyone else that had played it.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Evangelion

jonski wrote: »
    Crimson Skies

That game was unbelieveable fantastic. Esp. on PC. The Xbox version was just good

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Geff wrote: »
    Just Cause.

Lost Planet Extreme Conditions.

Loved both of those games. Just Cause is so underrated. The sunrise and sunsets look better than even GTA IV now. People complained about repetitive gameplay, but what GTA game doesn't have repetitive gameplay. These games are more about the expansive open worlds and the exploring rather than hundreds of different game types.

I loved the ability to just grapple onto a passing helicopter and hijack it in the air.

There making a Just Cause 2 anyway which should also be sweet

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I quite enjoyed red faction on the PC despite the AI rail gun bug that ****ed up your save games. It wasn't anything special but it was fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Shellshock: Nam'67 on the PS2

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Chumpski wrote: »
    Its a pity that game and movie studios in the meantime didnt pick up on the close relationship Ubisoft and Peter Jackson had in developing the game. As far as i know the game and movie were made together at the same time. Peter Jackson even had a game in mind before he made the movie.

I think the combination of Jackson and Michel Ancel (creator of the truly sublime Beyond Good and Evil - the most criminally undersold game in recent history) was perfect - two great talents combined to make fun gameplay with kickass, cinematic atmosphere. The first time I played the river raft mission was breathtaking.

And whoever said Spyro - I have a soft spot in my heart for that two. Had the first three PS1 outings, which I loved at the time. As I grew up and the franchise grew stale I gave up, but they are very fun, cute platformers. Don't know if I'd say that today though or if its just the nostalgia talking. Maybe will give it a whirl some day soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Stalker, Shadow of Chernobyl...

Had such an awesome potential, but was nerfed by THQ beating GSC Game World on the head to get the thing out a published... so a lot of advertised features were never completely finished. They still exists in the game code, but haven't been used.

This game had so many things that were eradicated just to get it out on time, it's criminal. Entire levels were erased... and it is obvious where they once existed when you play through the game.

that said, I love this game for it's atmosphere... with a decent set of speakers and a good screen, you really do feel like your in the zone. Animal cries at night sent chills up your spine, and the animal/enemy/combat AI is still good. Weapon physics were noted as being the best of their time.

Of course, it's also buggy as hell.... but it's so simple to feck around with that they were fixed by the user community long before GSC thought about it.

I'm loking forward to the oprequel...Clear Sky... which is promising to be everything SOC failed to be. For one thing, THQ are no longer involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭jasonbourme.cs

I liked assassins creed , one of mates got it then brought it back to store same day . :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

solider of fortune double helix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭Trode

Space Rangers/Space Rangers 2 on PC.
    Kind of a 2D, turn-based Elite update, but with sections ranging from arcade shooter to RTS to old-school text adventure. Here's a review that might give you a better impression. Got unfairly ignored because it lacked spangly nVidia-requiring graphics, was a bit rough around the edges and came from an obscure Russian outfit.

also
    Shiren the Wanderer on DS.
    Enjoyable little Roguelike, but with some persistent elements between plays, and a really novel approach to multiplayer. It can be pretty harsh, especially when you are so completely reliant on the stuff you happen to find, but it's engaging and tense, and resourcefully surviving when your back's to the wall is one of gaming's more rewarding moments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Might & Magic 9.

"The game was widely lambasted by critics, citing lack of environment interactivity, uninspiring graphics, and a general lack of polish. In addition, a number of potentially serious software bugs were uncovered shortly after its release"
    --wikipedia

I really enjoyed it personally.

I like IF and roguelikes too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

True Crime: Streets Of LA

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

XCOM: Enforcer. Widely hated by Xcom fans. I loved it. Totally stupid kick-ass robot blasting fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Kung Fu Chaos on the original xbox. Apparently it sold terribly and I've never met anyone else that had it but it is the best party/fighter I have ever played.
    Really well balanced combat system and interesting arenas and games. It's pretty funny too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Bushido Blade!

Don't know to be sure, but get the feeling a large chunk of the world hated it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

tman wrote: »
    Somehow doubt that I'll ever meet another person IRL who actually gets why Ouendan! is one of my favourite games of all time.
    Tried explaining it to a mate once, but couldn't quite sell the idea of a quirky rhythm based game with male cheerleaders to him:p

Ouendan! rocks! Great concept with excellent execution. I much prefer it to Elite Beat agents. Same game I know, but I just love the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

I quite liked Medieval on the PS1. A fun little platformer with a nice twist of humour. Some tough enough puzzles and a pretty good weapon array too. Sequel didn't do it for me though.

Another game I like that no one seems to have heard of is BattleSport (PS1 again). It was a futuristic game like basketball that took place in tanks, kind of like if you mixed road rash with NBA. No one else liked it but it was the sort of game you could throw on and play for five minutes. I never did manage to beat it.

Also Twisted Metal Black. Probably one of the weaker in the series but I liked it. I thought the difficulty spike for the boss battles was interesting and really enjoyed the environments. I was untouchable in multiplayer as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭BuddhaJoe

Deus Ex: Invisible War. I actually thought it was better than the original :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Twisted Metal 3, my favorite Twisted Metal game.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

BuddhaJoe wrote: »
    Deus Ex: Invisible War. I actually thought it was better than the original :rolleyes:

Me too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Secret Weapons over Normandy on the PS2, I loved that game, played it 'til I finished it, much much better than that Blazing Angels rubbish.
    Also great were Total Drivin' on the PSone as was the stunt mode in Vanishing Point on the DC.
    My mate and I both agree that the best of the series of games by Bizarre Creations is Metropolis Street Racer, while the graphics aren't quite up to todays standards, the day/night tracking fo the realtime clock, the radio stations of each city and the challenges and cars all make for a wonderfully balanced game, many of the features were dropped for the Gotham titles and could really be great in a new title.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

c - 13 wrote: »
    I quite liked Medieval on the PS1. A fun little platformer with a nice twist of humour.

What I remember was the music, very very good, I remember mentioning it to the rep, the same guy that assured me Formula One 98 would be the best ever, the feckin liar!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Seifer wrote: »
    Kung Fu Chaos on the original xbox. Apparently it sold terribly and I've never met anyone else that had it but it is the best party/fighter I have ever played.
    Really well balanced combat system and interesting arenas and games. It's pretty funny too.

Yep... that was a great little game. I think I preferred it over the Powerstone games too. No backwards compatibility for it on the 360 though... sob...

I was a big fan of Obscure on the PS2. It seemed to get overlooked a lot but I felt it was doing something a little fresher with the survival horror genre and the use of multiple characters and the ability for a second player to join in were great.

The sequel is coming out on the Wiik, so I'm looking forward to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Future Cop:LAPD and Z (an rts by the bitmap brothers) are still two of my top games of all time, and no one else I know has ever played them :/

Advertisement