Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games you like that no one else does

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

robby^5 wrote: »
    Future Cop:LAPD and Z (an rts by the bitmap brothers)

It's morphing time! :p

I think I played the LAPD Demo for an entire summer, great multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭djfitzerjnr

athens 2004!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Future Cop:LAPD and Z (an rts by the bitmap brothers) are still two of my top games of all time, and no one else I know has ever played them :/

Played Z a few times alright, was a good little game but I gave up on it fairly fast because i'm no good at RTS games ... at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

KingLoser wrote: »
    Bushido Blade!

Don't know to be sure, but get the feeling a large chunk of the world hated it.

Loved that game!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Z

yes! quality game!

im trying to think of another game from that era where the soldiers used to say "purple fudge" when they were built. of course they were saying something else but it sounded like purple fudge.
    and vespian gas in starcraft will always be lesbian gas to me :p god i miss lanning in my mates shed :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Loved that game!

Me too! Especially the part where you gotta kill 100 ninjas in that hallway if memory serves right. And it had a timer (?) so you had to rush through it, stabbin everyone in the head for fast kills!

... *ebay*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

There are loads of great games that have gone unplayed simply because they had the misfortune to be released on the Xbox, which, lets face it, outside of the big franchises, the Halos, the Forzas and the Gothams of this world, got forgotten, Otogi, Panzer Dragoon, even Strangers Wrath, and the real tragedy is how hard it now is to find these titles, I'm looking for Jet Set Radio Future for ages now but to no avail.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I loved Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines but a combination of the hugely anticipated release of Half Life 2, the closure of the developer studio and some game crippling bugs meant that it got a bad time in online reviews and anyone I know that bought the game hated it.

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/96/Vampire_-_The_Masquerade_–_Bloodlines_Coverart.png[/IMG]

I loved it though, the intro movie was fantastic and really set the scene. Given all the discussion about bugs I was prepared for issues but none cropped up for me thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

malice_ wrote: »
    I loved Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines but a combination of the hugely anticipated release of Half Life 2, the closure of the developer studio and some game crippling bugs meant that it got a bad time in online reviews and anyone I know that bought the game hated it.

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/96/Vampire_-_The_Masquerade_–_Bloodlines_Coverart.png[/IMG]

I loved it though, the intro movie was fantastic and really set the scene. Given all the discussion about bugs I was prepared for issues but none cropped up for me thankfully.

That game is bloody excellent. I apologise for that...

Anyway, Bloodlines is fantastic. I got to a point where the game crashed everytime, but a patch sorted it out. Really enjoyed it! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Legacy of Kain series

• Advertisement

Anyway, Bloodlines is fantastic. I got to a point where the game crashed everytime, but a patch sorted it out. Really enjoyed it! :)

Yeah, Vampire is a fantastic game! That level in the haunted hotel was GENIUS! Scared the crap outta me.

I don't know why you are apologising but I agree about the game :).
    Yeah, Vampire is a fantastic game! That level in the haunted hotel was GENIUS! Scared the crap outta me.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that enjoyed that level! I played it at night without really knowing what to expect and quite literally had to turn it off and go and make a cup of coffee after
    walking down a corridor and having the lights go out one by one as I passed them
    and also
    the ghostly apparition appearing over the other side of the landing just in my field of view.

Maybe I should start a thread on that game actually as a special mention must go to the soundtrack that featured Ministry, Lacuna Coil and Massive Attack amongst others.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that enjoyed that level! I played it at night without really knowing what to expect and quite literally had to turn it off and go and make a cup of coffee after
    walking down a corridor and having the lights go out one by one as I passed them
    and also
    the ghostly apparition appearing over the other side of the landing just in my field of view.

Maybe I should start a thread on that game actually as a special mention must go to the soundtrack that featured Ministry, Lacuna Coil and Massive Attack amongst others.

Yeah! I played the Obsfucate character (Malkavian?) and was used to creeping around, getting to know the challenges before I actually faced them. That level caught me completely off guard.
    In the basement, when the ghost keeps running across corridors in front of ye..!!

Maybe a new thread is needed.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Yeah! I played the Obsfucate character (Malkavian?) and was used to creeping around, getting to know the challenges before I actually faced them. That level caught me completely off guard.
    In the basement, when the ghost keeps running across corridors in front of ye..!!

Maybe a new thread is needed.... :D

I thought the scariest bit was when
    you come downstairs and hear the noise from the washing machine and when you open it up a human head is inside! I think the lights go then or there's a noise I forget, but the head stuck with me.

I was the Malkavian as well, it was so much fun talking cryptically all the time, really well written. There were loads of fan-made patches for it by the time I played it so I never had any crashes.

OT: Little Big Adventure 1&2 PC - What other 3D adventure game has a character called Funfrock as the big serious evil bad man? Played through them so many times. Loved the realistic way you hurt yourself when you ran into walls in the first one, so funny!

Mayhem in Monsterland on the C64 - Most people just haven't heard of it. Anyone I found who played it loved it. Basically it was really like Sonic the Hedgehog in that you could go crazy fast and was an excellent platformer.

Body Harvest N64 - Was already mentioned but this quote lives on amongst my friends: "Those foolish zombies ate all my shotgun shells. Use my combine Harvester to shred them!" :D

Mission:Impossible N64 - Now I finished this game but my mates loved it and played through it many times. I couldn't stand to go back to it as I just think it's so flawed. So I can't understand why they liked it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Me too! Especially the part where you gotta kill 100 ninjas in that hallway if memory serves right. And it had a timer (?) so you had to rush through it, stabbin everyone in the head for fast kills!

... *ebay*

sure we're talking about the same game?

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq93CEOtBBc

**edit**

ah yeah now I remember http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=R6bWQal_dgs&NR=1

Mayhem in Monsterland on the C64 - Most people just haven't heard of it.
    Er, anyone who owned a C64 will have heard of it! I realise that probably cuts out anyone under 25 but this board isn't that dominated by youngsters is it? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

I'm looking for Jet Set Radio Future for ages now but to no avail.
    I came to my senses and realised that this game looked like a gem so went looking for it. Was all sold out in Irish game shops but managed to get a copy off play. This was a few years ago though.
    Definately worth the hassle. Very japanese game and is just cool for the sake of cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ballybay_eh

Just saw this thread and the first thing that popped to mind was Jet Set Radio. Unique style mixed with a brilliantly complementary soundtrack. Didn't enjoy the 2nd quite as much as the first. Didn't quite like the open-world mechanic. Plus it was too easy. It seems unlikely that a 3rd game will ever appear.

Would I be right in thinking that it was the first game to use cel-shading?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Would I be right in thinking that it was the first game to use cel-shading?

Wacky Racers on the Dreamcast got there first.

AS for Mayhem in Monsterland, it's not that well known since it came out really late in the C64's lifespan. The Megadrive and SNES were already well into their stride by then. I remember it being the last game released that I wanted before I got my megadrive and also that I couldn't get it since it was available for mail order only. I only played the demo but it was a fantastic game, it really pushed the C64 as far as it could possibly go.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yeah..... I missed out on Mayhem in Monsterland as I'd long since upgraded to an Amiga 500 by then.

• Advertisement

Guess I've been hanging with the wrong crowds as I've been asking people for years about Mayhem in Monsterland and nobody had ever heard of it! I looked up the makers recently, The Rowland Bros - they were working on a port of it for mobile phones with a flash demo available. But you can't charge, so it's just a standard platformer with the same character. What's the point eh? :confused:

Here's a link if anybody wants to see what happened to them:

http://www.infinitelives.tv/team/index.html

Yeah that was an a excellent game. Only played it last year. Pity the developer went bust. The guys who created Fallout set it up. It was incredibly buggy though. And combat could be a bit flakey at times. Having said that, would love a sequel. Maybe Bethesda could do it when they're finished Fallout 3. :p Give The Elder Scrolls a break.

Speaking of sequels that will never get made, Shenmue. Loved that game. A lot of my mates weren't too fond of it though.

I'm never gonna get the chance to kick Lan Di's murderous ass!

Speaking of sequels that will never get made, Shenmue. Loved that game. A lot of my mates weren't too fond of it though.

I'm never gonna get the chance to kick Lan Di's murderous ass!

I've never played the games but I assume you mean a Shenmue 3 as there's already a Shenmue 2 on Xbox and Dreamcast. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

Liked Final Fantasy X-2, anyone else I know who played it hated it.

Bugg wrote: »
    Liked Final Fantasy X-2, anyone else I know who played it hated it.

You mean this game?

Jessabelle.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

You mean this game?

Yep, I liked it :o not so much the whole dress up thing and it was a bit camp at times but I enjoyed it for the most part, was a little different from the other final fantasy games I'd played before with the all side quests and stuff. Liked the battle system too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

littlejp wrote: »
    Amplitude on PS2. Without this game there'd be no Guitar Hero.

You do know it has a (argueably) superior prequel? Frequency?

Personally superior due to the track list.

Globally superior due to the tunnel layout instead of Amplitude's planar instrument track layout. This meant that players less frequently (and sorta unfairly) lost their multiplier as the furthest track from your current position could only ever be half the number of steps/jumps away than the furthest track in Amplitude.

Amplitude does look a lot prettier... I'll give you that.

Yeah, Frequency would probably be the game I like that no one else likes. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

okami!! such an excellent game but no one i know gives it a chance for being innovative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Jumping Flash on the Playstation. <_<

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Loved Jumping Flash and the follow up, too damn short though, but I loved them both, story was nutty as a fruitcake though.
    I bought the two of them in latter years and still pop them on from time to time, a PSP update to the series might be nice.

Advertisement