Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nokia Car Kit CK - 7W

Options
  • 07-05-2008 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

I got a new car at the weekend and have only now figured out it has bluetooth.
    It wasn't specified in the specs.
    I turned on bluetooth on my phone and it picked up Nokia CK-7W so the car obviously had a car kit connected via bluetooth previous.

Anyone got one of these or know what I need to avail of the bluetooth functionality ?
    It pairs fine with the bluetooth but when someone calls, i can hear them but they can't hear me. I'm thinking i need some speakers/microphone or something ?
    Any info appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

What type of phone are you using?
    Either the mic has become disconnected from the box or your phone and car kit don't work well together.

I have a CK-7W in my car and I was disasterous with my last 2 sony Ericssons and now with my HTC touch WM6 phone if there is any background noise around the person making the call, either the phone itself or the car kit tries to block out the background noise (think its the noise cancelling on the car kit) the end product is basically a half duplex call.

Bascially unless there is total silence at the other end you can't be heard.

Crap car kits unless you are using a Nokia phone, in which case they work flawlessly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Edit: I'm talking about a new car with factory bluetooth, if you have a CK-7W you should just be able to pick it and pair to it. Password is usually 0000 (or possibly 1234).

Your phone should have a bluetooth option of "search for new devices" or "pair new device". This will set the phone in searching mode and will pick up anything in the location. You should see your car listed there.

Read the manual as well, some cars do things a very particular way - in Audis you have to pair with the car within 2 mins of turning the ignition on, after that the car drops out of pairing mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭dts1

Motorola V3xi is the phone i'm using.
    Get a nokia ph u suggest so ?

AudiChris wrote: »
    Your phone should have a bluetooth option of "search for new devices" or "pair new device". This will set the phone in searching mode and will pick up anything in the location. You should see your car listed there.

Read the manual as well, some cars do things a very particular way - in Audis you have to pair with the car within 2 mins of turning the ignition on, after that the car drops out of pairing mode.

Issue isn't with the pairing. It pairs fine. When u turn on the engine is connects automatically. When there are no bluetooth devices, it just beeps after about 30 seconds when the car has been started

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

dts1 wrote: »
    Issue isn't with the pairing. It pairs fine. When u turn on the engine is connects automatically. When there are no bluetooth devices, it just beeps after about 30 seconds when the car has been started

Misread you op, apologies.

Have a look at this, has all the parts detailed - you should have a little black plastic "pimple" up in the centre console of the roof (that's where they normally put them). If there's none there, you probably have no mic.

http://www.cellularworld.ie/products/downloads/carkits/Nokia_CK-7W_UG_en.pdf

• Advertisement

Edit: I'm talking about a new car with factory bluetooth, if you have a CK-7W you should just be able to pick it and pair to it. Password is usually 0000 (or possibly 1234).

Misread you op, apologies.

Have a look at this, has all the parts detailed - you should have a little black plastic "pimple" up in the centre console of the roof (that's where they normally put them). If there's none there, you probably have no mic.

http://www.cellularworld.ie/products/downloads/carkits/Nokia_CK-7W_UG_en.pdf

Cheers. Don't look to have any of these to be honest.
    Maybe i just have the bluetooth and that's all ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

I am using the same carkit (CK-7W). I have used it with nokia 6230i, 6300 and I am now using a Sony ericsson K800i....all have worked without any problems. Where is the microphone in the car it should look something like the picture below and in most car is located somewhere on the head lining:

http://images.caraudiomag.com/preview/0701_cae_02z+myron_and_davis+microphone.jpg

neacy69 wrote: »
    I am using the same carkit (CK-7W). I have used it with nokia 6230i, 6300 and I am now using a Sony ericsson K800i....all have worked without any problems. Where is the microphone in the car it should look something like the picture below and in most car is located somewhere on the head lining:

http://images.caraudiomag.com/preview/0701_cae_02z+myron_and_davis+microphone.jpg

Don't have this particular one but look to have something that is built into the head lining alright..not 100% sure this is a microphone though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Hi, I find that the Motorola phones & Nokia Bluetooth Carkits tend to cause an echo problem. I have a similar problem with my iPhone & Nokia Car kit at the minute. I had issues with the Sony Ericsson w580i pairing with a Nokia Bluetooth kit too, it didn't store the pairing info properly.

Sounds like you need a new mic for your car kit. I have a box of these if you need one.

Hi, I find that the Motorola phones & Nokia Bluetooth Carkits tend to cause an echo problem. I have a similar problem with my iPhone & Nokia Car kit at the minute. I had issues with the Sony Ericsson w580i pairing with a Nokia Bluetooth kit too, it didn't store the pairing info properly.

Sounds like you need a new mic for your car kit. I have a box of these if you need one.

Any jpeg of what they look like ?
    Price ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

PM sent.

PM sent.

Replied to

neacy69 wrote: »

I'd be surprised if there is no Mic in the car TBH.
    I had a K800i and although it paired, it dropped the bluetooth pairing when ever it felt like it, and depending on it humuor would reconnect randomly. Drove me nuts for about 9 months, a real pity as it's a great phone. I had a nokia beforehand and it was perfect so it isn't a faulty car kit.

Try pairing with a Nokia phone and this will confirm if the kit works or not.

Motorola V3xi is the phone i'm using.
    Get a nokia ph u suggest so ?

Yup, it will save you a potential car crash, I've lost count of the amount of times I have been driving whilst f'ing the phone/car kit out of it trying to re-pair them too each other

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I'm using a CK-7W with a Motorola K1 and it works fine, did drop and pick up the K800i randomly though. and it needed to be reset too, was installed in a very awkward place.

Mine doesn't switch off though, neither does the radio cut when connedted nor the blue light on the switch flash....might look into it, but it doesn't affect the workings of the kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

The CK-7W came with a small ring which you stuck to your dash. You could use this to answer or hold to do voice dialing if you set them up on the phone.

The kit is probably paired to another phone and you need to delete the pairing. If the unit beeps after 30 seconds then it automatically switches off the bluetooth if unpaired.

There are 2 ways. 1. Hold the centre ring until it beeps twice (or once, cannot be sure). You then use your phone to search for bluetooth devices and pair using the standard nokia code of 0000.

2. If the ring is not available, then you will need to find the unit. Usually under the carpet in the passenger side. Ohterwise it is behind the stereo. It uses the 12V switched supply running to the stereo. Find the power cord to it and pull it out for a few seconds. You can also check out if the mic is plugged in to this control unit while you are there. Car switched off at that point. Plug back in and switch on the ignition. Now attempt to pair via your phone. Make sure the phone is discoverable by searching devices.

Kit works well with a 6230i. Much better sound than my current parrot unit.

The nokia website should have the manual for this including install instructions which might help.

Damien360 wrote: »
    The CK-7W came with a small ring which you stuck to your dash. You could use this to answer or hold to do voice dialing if you set them up on the phone.

The kit is probably paired to another phone and you need to delete the pairing. If the unit beeps after 30 seconds then it automatically switches off the bluetooth if unpaired.

There are 2 ways. 1. Hold the centre ring until it beeps twice (or once, cannot be sure). You then use your phone to search for bluetooth devices and pair using the standard nokia code of 0000.

2. If the ring is not available, then you will need to find the unit. Usually under the carpet in the passenger side. Ohterwise it is behind the stereo. It uses the 12V switched supply running to the stereo. Find the power cord to it and pull it out for a few seconds. You can also check out if the mic is plugged in to this control unit while you are there. Car switched off at that point. Plug back in and switch on the ignition. Now attempt to pair via your phone. Make sure the phone is discoverable by searching devices.

Kit works well with a 6230i. Much better sound than my current parrot unit.

The nokia website should have the manual for this including install instructions which might help.

When you say small ring Damien360, do you mean the attached ?

http://images.google.ie/imgres?imgur...=2&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭It BeeMee

ninty9er wrote: »
    Mine doesn't switch off though, neither does the radio cut when connedted nor the blue light on the switch flash....might look into it, but it doesn't affect the workings of the kit.
    Two things need to be done:
    1) the unit needs to be wired to the stereo, there's usually a specific "phone" port to connect to
    2) the stereo needs to be "told" to mute when it receives a signal through that connection. This is usually a menu option somewhere on the radio.

When you say small ring Damien360, do you mean the attached ?

http://images.google.ie/imgres?imgur...=2&hl=en

Yes that's the one. The inner part is the button, the outer ring is the volume control.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭yelselseivad

Maybe someone can advise me. The handsfree worked fine on my car and then somehow the wires can out at the passenger side and some1 managed to snap the microphone cable in two. I replaced it and it was working fine and I thought I was great! Now when I call someone or they call me I can hear them OK and the radio switches off etc but they can't hear me. I've checked the cabling and the mic seems to be plugged in ok . I've taken the connecting out of the cradle and that worked for a little while but now that doesn't work either. I tried connecting using the bluetooth connection (I've a bluetooth and standard nokia cradle so have option of either) Nokia 6230i phone but same issue. Any suggestions - is it as simple as the phone connection being dirty or more serious? Driving (excuse pun) me mad!

Advertisement