Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Shuttlebus and exam locations

• 07-05-2008 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

OK I'm sure there are a million threads about these but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for even with the search function so please forgive me!

Just a few question:

1. Does the shuttle from UCD to RDS leave from where the 10/17 bus stops are up past the restaurant on campus? And does it leave on the hour? And is it free?
    2. Where does it leave you at the RDS? And it leaves the RDS to go back to UCD at twenty past the hour doesn't it?
    3. Am I right that the exam timetable only says Simmonscourt but doesn't specifiy which pavilion you are in? Or am I being thick? I assume it's easy to figure out once you're there?

Last minute nerves, thanks people!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

Simmonscourt is one big hall. Very big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

OK I'm sure there are a million threads about these but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for even with the search function so please forgive me!

Just a few question:

1. Does the shuttle from UCD to RDS leave from where the 10/17 bus stops are up past the restaurant on campus? And does it leave on the hour? And is it free?
    2. Where does it leave you at the RDS? And it leaves the RDS to go back to UCD at twenty past the hour doesn't it?
    3. Am I right that the exam timetable only says Simmonscourt but doesn't specifiy which pavilion you are in? Or am I being thick? I assume it's easy to figure out once you're there?

Last minute nerves, thanks people!

1: Leaves the express bus stop, closer to Glenomena, acrosss from the 10 stop! And yes, it is on the hour, and free.

2: Understand it goes from RDS to Blackrock, and does the loop in that fashion, so not sure on any exact time.

3: Simmonscourt is across the road from the Main Hall, AFAIK there is only one huge hall there, not like the split between Industries/Main at Christmas. Assume bus goes into car park there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭stopyourshoppin

thanks a mil mushy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

I assume its not running for Saturday exams, or am I assuming wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭PennyLane

It claims to be, at least.

• Advertisement

imp wrote: »
    I assume its not running for Saturday exams, or am I assuming wrong?

Its an exam day so I wouldnt see why not! It better be anyway, my first exam(s) are that day, and I'm too lazy to walk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

hey guys!just to make sure cause' its my first time going RDS from campus,cant afford any mistake!

3pm exam,so i should wait for the free bus around 2pm outside the Quinn's building area eh?thanks in advance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭wonderworm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Tan Princess

i'm pretty sure there are two halls in simmonscourt. There certainly were last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭sir snackbox

last year we shared wit trinity!

this year (cause the exams are earlier this year) we gots it all to ourselves....... it one big hall with about 3500 seats!!.... lovely stuff!!! ha ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Yes but annoying people stand at the barrier between the exam hall and the common place and kick it... much to the annoyance of the people sitting doing an exam

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Bowden

The damn security guys where at it today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 theleprechaun

Has anyone had an exam in Blackrock yet? Just wondering where exactly is the exam centre. Would I be right in thinking that the exams are in Builing 9 on this map: http://www.ucd.ie/registry/alu/documents/blackrock.pdf
    Thanks in advance.

sorry to be thick again but can i just check it's route
    does it go: belfield(by the 10/17 bus stops) to the rds, and then from the rds to blackrock to ucd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Mushy wrote: »
    1: Leaves the express bus stop, closer to Glenomena, acrosss from the 10 stop! And yes, it is on the hour, and free.

2: Understand it goes from RDS to Blackrock, and does the loop in that fashion, so not sure on any exact time.

3: Simmonscourt is across the road from the Main Hall, AFAIK there is only one huge hall there, not like the split between Industries/Main at Christmas. Assume bus goes into car park there.

yeah, just checking that that's def the way it goes

Chakar, I'm not 100% definate on that, so maybe someone else can clarify the situation. However, there is only like one or two buses that run, and dont specify where the final stop is, so I'm sure its a continuos loop around!

And as ya can see, I'm having trouble spelling here:D

Might be a bit late for the clarification but:

It's just the one bus that goes from the X bus stops (in the car park next to the field in front of Merville) on the hour to right outside Simmonscourt at RDS at 20 past to the front gate of Blackrock at 40 past back to UCD. Pretty straightforward, but make sure to be at your stop with plenty of time to spare as the driver tends to leave early (especially at the end of the day).

PennyLane wrote: »
    Might be a bit late for the clarification but:

It's just the one bus that goes from the X bus stops (in the car park next to the field in front of Merville) on the hour to right outside Simmonscourt at RDS at 20 past to the front gate of Blackrock at 40 past back to UCD. Pretty straightforward, but make sure to be at your stop with plenty of time to spare as the driver tends to leave early (especially at the end of the day).

Perfect, exactly what I thought!

brilliant, thanks again everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Shuttle bus never turned up for at 2pm for 3pm exam yday, some people, like myself had been waiting for it for half an hour... its disgraceful really.

Shuttle bus never turned up for at 2pm for 3pm exam yday, some people, like myself had been waiting for it for half an hour... its disgraceful really.

And that is why they need more than one bus. I could always see it happening at some point alright. Even then, if it does show up, its late at the best of times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭wonderworm

Where were you waiting for the bus to show up at the RDS or Belfield?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

wonderworm wrote: »
    Where were you waiting for the bus to show up at the RDS or Belfield?

Belfield.

In fact, the day before when the bus driver turned up ten mintures late, he said it would take him an hour and a half to get to the RDS with the traffic so we'd be better off walking. So we got the no.10 to Donnybrook in 5mins and walked... hardly any traffic to be seen!
    I'm sick of it, typical bull****.

It's better than last semester. They had multiple buses running every 20 mintues, but somehow, on the last day of exams, the 2:40 and the 3:00 shuttles failed to show, which was something of a disaster for me and the three other girls who had a 3:00 exam on in Blackrock. We called four different cab companies, all of which were booked up for at least the next hour, and we just missed the 17 out to Blackrock. Finally, the 3:20 bus took pity on us and left 5 minutes early, but I was still a half-hour late to my exam. Luckily it was 2 hours and I did well on it, but I still wonder about the other girls.

it was 15 minutes late at the 1pm slot yesterday but got us there quickly. wondering whether to risk the 2pm one to get there for 3pm tomorrow. i have to return books to ucd but won't be able to get there before 1.30. if i get the 10 from ucd to donnybrook, what way do you walk from the bus stop? i haven't gone that way before.

Advertisement