Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a chainsaw?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I got really excited when I saw the title...

I figured John had finally snapped and was going Evil Dead on people's asses.

Not at all, it's for cutting up, um, er, let me see... TREES! Honest guard.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Ice scuplting.

Grant please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭leex

What make did you buy John? What sort of money was it?

I bought a bike RRP350euro there recently and some accessories. Priced the bike in a few places and Harry's gave by far the best discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

leex wrote: »

I bought a bike RRP350euro there recently and some accessories. Priced the bike in a few places and Harry's gave by far the best discount.

ChainsawMassacre19742Disc.jpg

leex wrote: »

It's in the compartment below me atm cant be bothered taking it out. It's an orange casing and comes with a decent warranty thats all I know. Oh and it cuts well too, I was cutting through loads of timber last night

Oh, and weekends FTW. I'm sitting on an island with a bottle of bulmers in my hand at mid day... with a laptop and BB connection... life is good :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

JohnCleary wrote: »
    It's in the compartment below me atm cant be bothered taking it out. It's an orange casing and comes with a decent warranty thats all I know. Oh and it cuts well too, I was cutting through loads of timber last night

Oh, and weekends FTW. I'm sitting on an island with a bottle of bulmers in my hand at mid day... with a laptop and BB connection... life is good :D

What Island are you on? Anything around the Galway or Mayo coast you know of that's worth visiting apart from the obvious one's like the aran islands or achill in Mayo.

What Island are you on? Anything around the Galway or Mayo coast you know of that's worth visiting apart from the obvious one's like the aran islands or achill in Mayo.

I'm an inland islander

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Drinking and driving a boat! Tut tut John! :eek:

Zzippy wrote: »
    Drinking and driving a boat! Tut tut John! :eek:

Who said I was driving? I certainly didn't....

Who said I was driving? I certainly didn't....

Ah, I must have ASSumed you were! Was just slagging anyway, I'm not a guard so no interest in enforcing those regs....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I'm not a guard so no interest in enforcing those regs....

The old self-preservation instinct lacking in you is it?

Ah, I must have ASSumed you were! Was just slagging anyway, I'm not a guard so no interest in enforcing those regs....

There is nothing illegal about the consumption of alcohol while in control of a boat

It is, however, illegal to be in control of a boat if you've consumed enough alcohol to make you think it could effect your driving

I'd be doing well to be in control of a powerboat doing 30-40knots, while drinking, while posting here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

Husqvarna FTW. Ah the memories...

BTW.. I hope you got a decent set of gloves, helmet, earmuffs and faceguard as well?. Very dangerous things them chainsaws, especially to people who wouldn't often use them and don't maintain them to the level they should.

There is nothing illegal about the consumption of alcohol while in control of a boat

It is, however, illegal to be in control of a boat if you've consumed enough alcohol to make you think it could effect your driving

I'd be doing well to be in control of a powerboat doing 30-40knots, while drinking, while posting here :D

Lol, that's called multi-tasking. And if you'd consumed that much alcohol you'd probably think you were the best boat pilot ever. :D

Stky10 wrote: »
    Husqvarna FTW. Ah the memories...

BTW.. I hope you got a decent set of gloves, helmet, earmuffs and faceguard as well?. Very dangerous things them chainsaws, especially to people who wouldn't often use them and don't maintain them to the level they should.

But that's just more stuff i'd have to clean the evidence, er, I mean... timber off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 flashterry

About an hour away from galway in Claremorris there is a car auction. It's on the Galway road in fact.

But there's loads of guys there selling tools and stuff. You can pick up a bargain and haggle.

I would not buy alot of the new stuff (unless I knew exactly what the genuine product was like) as it's probably fake but they have some used stuff there.

I saw some drills there for sale last week...makita, dewalt etc. all used looked ok. I wasn't looking out for any chainsaws but there was probably a few there.

This is all stuff that has been robbed by knackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

John, what make saw did you get up there and how much did it set you back ?

John, what make saw did you get up there and how much did it set you back ?

Got a Tanaka, they came recommended. Price tag was €350, got 10% off that with a bit of haggling

Advertisement