Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Changing lanes after roundabout

Options
  • 07-05-2008 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Just wondering what the best thing to do in a test is.

After the first exit I want to go straight on, so should I go straight into the right hand lane (blue line) or should I go into the left and work my way into the right from there (red line)?

Please see attached diagram

p.s. real life scenario is the roundabout near Donaghmede shopping center.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Follow the Red line and chanage lanes after you've come off the roundabout. If it's a busy roundabout there could be cars from another exit coming off at the same time as you, and they'd be rightly using the right hand lane. It's best not to change lanes on a roundabout, which is pretty much what you'd be doing by following the blue line.

Advertisement