Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT issue 98 Mivec Lancer!

Options
  • 07-05-2008 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭

Looking for a bit of help here,

I have a mivec lancer looking to get rid of it, so I put it through the nct lastweek, it failed on two things, battery not secure (sorted) and headlights were too dim to register on the machine they have. I have noticed this before when stopped at traffic lights etc that my headlights dim automatically when the car has stopped moving, Once the car moves again the lights come back on. This is not a battery/altenator issue as somebody has already suggested to me. The lights come back on once the wheels are moving, not when you rev it etc. EG:- if the car comes to a complete stop on a slight hill, and i take the handbrake off, the lights come back on when the wheels rotate. So first of all im looking to find out if this is common with Lancers (or modern cars) second of all, if i explain this to the NCT guys will they pass the car anyways or will they fail it again. I didnt put the car through the first time as i had to work so the person that did, didnt know about the headlights.

Any advice/help would be extremely grateful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,888 ✭✭✭Soarer

Something along the same lines, I had an old Mazda before and from what I remember, the wipers would slow down/stop when the car stopped, but would start running again once the car moved.

Must be some fad the Japs went through.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

there should be an ECO button beside the ignition. flick this and it should fix the problem. seen this button on an FTO.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭Esel

So all those fuppin' taxi drivers were right all along?!

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement