Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smithfield Flower Market

Options
  • 07-05-2008 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭

I have been trying to find out about Smithfield flower market. I need to buy a wholesale quantity of flowers for a fete and this is th obvious place to do it, but can anyone tell me if joe public can turn up or is it trade only. if so, any ideas on how, where when etc.

I've tried google but it has let me down, also tried the council website but that doesn't even acknowledge it's existence!!

Thanks for any help. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I have been trying to find out about Smithfield flower market. I need to buy a wholesale quantity of flowers for a fete and this is th obvious place to do it, but can anyone tell me if joe public can turn up or is it trade only. if so, any ideas on how, where when etc.

I've tried google but it has let me down, also tried the council website but that doesn't even acknowledge it's existence!!

Thanks for any help. :)
    Joe Public can buy but it would probably have to be in bulk. You would want to be there early for best choice - 5/6am.
    (You can't go in for a bunch of flowers only).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Joe Public can buy but it would probably have to be in bulk. You would want to be there early for best choice - 5/6am.
    (You can't go in for a bunch of flowers only).

Excellent, thanks.

We are looking for enough to make around 20 bouquets, to me that's bulk, but we'll have to see what they say.

We are looking for enough to make around 20 bouquets, to me that's bulk, but we'll have to see what they say.
    I'm sure they will be delighted to do business with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,321 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Not really in Smithfield, though. It's in the same building as the Fruit Market on Chancery St / Mary's Abbey. Behind the Four Courts, up towards Capel St. Should be no problem buying there.

Not your ornery onager

esel wrote: »
    Not really in Smithfield, though
    Yes, I intended to mention that in my post above!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Gome

Hi there, just wondering... is the market open 7 days? if not, do you know what day/s it is closed? And finally... last question... Would you know what time it closes at?

Thanks a million,:)

Gome wrote: »
    Hi there, just wondering... is the market open 7 days? if not, do you know what day/s it is closed? And finally... last question... Would you know what time it closes at?

Thanks a million,:)
    Monday to friday I think. Most business is usually done early in the day (from about 5am) and I think it closes around midday.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Open Saturday too. Closes around 2 but it would be a better idea to get in early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Gome

Thanks to you both, I really appreciate it. I'm getting married in Oct and am planning to do the flowers myself... not sure what that'll entail to be honest but I'll be worth a scout out.
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭The Duk

From living down beside it for 20 years the place isn't as busy as it once was. One of the flower places going strong down there is Called Joesph M Duffy and Sons give someone here < http://www.weddingsonline.ie/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=181928&sid=c881244c7918deab4c8eda61df621aa4&gt; found them really good too. A friend will be using them next year for her wedding.

I'm not linked or have any interest in Joesph M Duffy and Sons myself just know from experience they have very good quality flowers.

good luck with it all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Anthropology

Just a link to make it a little easier to find.

https://foursquare.com/v/smithfield-flower-markets/4e97e8c59adf2081f8015b29

Really good prices for flowers, fruit and vegetables in bulk.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Soooky

Hi, does anyone know if it is just fresh flowers in Smithfield Market or if they also do dried flowers? thanks!

Advertisement