Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GT MTB for sale

Options
  • 07-05-2008 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭

I'm selling my GT mountain bike:

GT Avalanche (I think - I bought it in California as a Zaskar, but it's not one) Not sure of the frame size, but it's 18" from bottom bracket to top bar, 20" from BB to top of frame. I reckon it's good for anywhere from 5'9" to 6'2".

Ball burnished bare aluminium frame - some cosmetic scratches etc, but straight and true. No decals.
    Manitou Magnum suspension forks.
    Shimano XT front and rear derailleurs, 27 speed, Deore shifter pods.
    Syncros/Raceface Big Box rear wheelset, Mavic front with GT hub, Panaracer Mach tyres.
    Avid Arch Rival V brakes, SRAM composite brake levers.
    Aheadset, Controltech stem, Titec Hellbent riser bars.
    Syncros/Sugino cranks, Kooka big ring - dunno about the others, Wellgo V12 copy pedals.
    WTB saddle.

Needs a bit of a clean and tune-up, but everything is in good working condition with little wear. It's been looked after.

Been using it as a city bike - it's pretty light, but tough as old boots and immune to potholes and cycle-rack knocks. Manages to fly under Skanger radar as it's not colourful and full suspension. Basically it's an old-school hardtail with good components for the sort of money you'd spend on a crappy, heavy yoke with dodgy drivetrain. Giving it up because I've built up a titanium sex machine.

€250 firm. Bike's in north inner city (Dublin that is), but I'm away until after the weekend.

bike-1.jpg
    bike-2.jpg
    bike-3.jpg
    bike-4.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I keep meaning to change the charter to direct all sales to adverts.ie, with only pointers from here.

I'll leave this thread, since I have changed the charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

Are oyu sure thats not a Zaskar?

It looks very similar to my old 96 one...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Are oyu sure thats not a Zaskar?

It looks very similar to my old 96 one...

Yeah - the GT faceplate at the back of the top tube is curved rather than flat, and the alu is 7000 series rather than 6061.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭-Blanco-

Nice GT...I wish I could justifiy buying another hardtail!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Sold now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement