Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

References and Formal Warnings!

Options
  • 07-05-2008 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

I'm in the process of applying for a new position, but I've one niggling thought in the back of my mind...Last year I was given a formal verbal warning from my current company for something which wasn't serious serious if you know what I mean, but as it was a formal verbal warning I was told it will remain on my record until Oct this year.

So basically my question is, if I leave this job and ask for a reference for a new job, is this something my current employer can bring up? Other then this one glitch I've been told that especially in the last year I've really improved at work and overall I would say my employer is quite happy with how I work....The reason I'm considering leaving is because there's no oppurtunities to move up and I don't want to get stuck in a rut...

Thanks for any replies....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Verbal warnings last 6 months nothing to worry about if you got it last year;)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

dave1982 wrote: »
    Verbal warnings last 6 months nothing to worry about if you got it last year;)
    Verbal warning last as long as it says in your contract.

=-=

OP: since it was only verbal, it was probably minor, and management may not remember it.

Advertisement