Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Kids Party Ideas

Options
  • 07-05-2008 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

I'm going to be holding a Naming Day in my house at the start of Jun for my 9 month old. I live in the country and am lucky enough to have about 1/2 an acre of a garden so there's plenty of space for kids to run around, of which there should be around 10-20 depending on who shows, all pretty young up to say 12 or 14. I'm looking for some fun ideas to keep the kids entertained. All suggestions welcome!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Bouncy castle :D

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Bouncy castle. Treasure hunt. Hula hoop challenge.

All the old games, blind mans buff, hide and go seek, farmers in his den, statues, stuff like that. Although these require participation and patience!

If its a fine day, anything involving water, as long as parents are warned to bring spare clothes!

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭dewsbury

We have often had a relay race with a difference.

Each kid runs up to the back of the garden and back. However, they have to put on the fathers jumper and perhaps a pair of shorts. These clothes then get swapped with the next person on the team.

Note that the clothes get put on OVER the childs existing clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

Was just thinking the other day it's a shame parties these days don't do the old fashioned games anymore :

Pass the Parcel
    Musical Chairs
    Treasure Hunting etc etc

No need to spend a lot on entertainers and bouncy castle, a few party favours and some fun music with the games above should make for a great time!!

Or else I saw this cool idea a while back, where the kids decorate their own fairy cakes, you know with different colour icing, toppings etc... could be messy, but could be LOADSA fun!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭SarahMc

As it is not a child's birthday party, you are not expected to provide entertainment for the children. A bunch of children that age, if they know each other, in a space that size, will be well able to play and entertain themselves.

Have a football for the boys (terribly sexist I know) goalposts are always a hit, but two jumpers will do in any case. When dd gets together with cousins (20 of them), its footie for the boys and making up plays/songs for the girls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭dewsbury

SarahMc wrote: »
    As it is not a child's birthday party, you are not expected to provide entertainment for the children. A bunch of children that age, if they know each other, in a space that size, will be well able to play and entertain themselves.

Have a football for the boys (terribly sexist I know) goalposts are always a hit, but two jumpers will do in any case. When dd gets together with cousins (20 of them), its footie for the boys and making up plays/songs for the girls.

I pretty much agree here. Except my girls play footie !

Also, on a warm day .... if you are feeling up to it ..... any form of plastic swimming pool or even a water fight !!!

Water bombs, water pistols etc. Needs to be controlled tho'.

Advertisement