Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Women = crazy!

• 07-05-2008 4:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭

Right, i am now totally convinced that women are insane, 3 differant situations i've had in the last week. First one, flirting with a girl, getting on great, she seems into me, i'm into her I ask her out and she doesn't answer, that happend twice then i'm told sorry no time for dating but if I did you'd defn be a guy i'd go out with, ok I think. Next at a party on Friday same thing getting on well with a girl she asks me to stay over and all I say i've gotta head back promised a mate i'd stay there then she says, ah I have a boyfriend anyway...i;m like what???...and then known another girl a while we've kinda been will we/won't we chatting to her the other night and this is what she says.

" It's just like I don't really know you (Known me 7 years) , I mean if somebody crashed into you say and someone asked what would you do when you got outta the car...like I wouldn't know?...so we can't hook up"...

oooo....k sez I, but isn't that part of getting to know someone, chatted to her a bit more and am now convinced I will spend the rest of my life single because your all mad.That's all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭lee_arama

Absolutely right my son. Loons the lot of them. But we love em anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Ahhh , the follys of youth .

OP you will meet another few hundred more like that over the next few years. It's all in the programming of women , sombody ****ed up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

it could be just that you're a freak hence you attract freaks??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

So by those 3 you decided women are crazy? Take a step back and look at the type of wimminz you are hitting on.

Oh and you said no to a "sleep over" coz you had to stay at a mates house? WTF? They aint crazy ... its you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Thats an awfully big brush you got there son, you might want to wipe some of the tar off it before you start paintin'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Sabotage wrote: »
    Oh and you said no to a "sleep over" coz you had to stay at a mates house? WTF? They aint crazy ... its you.

QFT

Any friend worth his salt would've kicked you in the arse for that one...

"Dude, I know I said I'd be over but I've just been invited back to some skanks house"
    "Ha, fair enough, beers tomorrow, enjoy"

Simple as.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Lol yeah well i'm glad i didn't have her fella on top of me the next morning , I don't think i'm a freak I may be wrong though...and i'm joking I obviously know there are alot of lovely,sexy , sensible, intelligent lady's out there just none that I can find..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Right, i am now totally convinced that women are insane, 3 differant situations i've had in the last week. First one, flirting with a girl, getting on great, she seems into me, i'm into her I ask her out and she doesn't answer, that happend twice then i'm told sorry no time for dating but if I did you'd defn be a guy i'd go out with, ok I think. Next at a party on Friday same thing getting on well with a girl she asks me to stay over and all I say i've gotta head back promised a mate i'd stay there then she says, ah I have a boyfriend anyway...i;m like what???...and then known another girl a while we've kinda been will we/won't we chatting to her the other night and this is what she says.

How old are you? How old are they? You mention the word 'girl' a lot in your post..

It is it possible how you pick them is at fault here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I obviously know there are alot of lovely,sexy , sensible, intelligent lady's out there just none that I can find..

This thread aint gonna help in your epic search.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Abigayle wrote: »
    How old are you? How old are they? You mention the word 'girl' a lot in your post..

It is it possible how you pick them is at fault here?

I'm 21, there the same ago or a little older...and yep quite possible that it's me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

" It's just like I don't really know you (Known me 7 years) , I mean if somebody crashed into you say and someone asked what would you do when you got outta the car...like I wouldn't know?...so we can't hook up"...

oooo....k sez I, but isn't that part of getting to know someone, chatted to her a bit more and am now convinced I will spend the rest of my life single because your all mad.That's all.

First girl - fair enough.

Second girl - jealous. Doubt a boyfriend exists.

Third girl - I would have just cracked up laughing.

And they say WE can't communicate...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

They're all insane in some form or another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭RealEstateKing

the best chicks in bed are the crazy ones.

You havent had sex till you've done it with a bi-polar girl on an upswing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I'm 21, there the same ago or a little older...and yep quite possible that it's me...

Yeah, its a dodgey age tbh. Older gals would tear you to shreds, and the young 'uns are mentalists (most of).

Dont mean to sound patonizing, but mark all the crazy experiences down to just that. Experiences.

Be honest with yourself about the types you go for. As a matter of interest, what are the types you go for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

mad as badgers the lot of em.

I don't trust the women.

It's one of the reasons I'm a homo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

you must have had your banger hangin out accidently or somethin mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

<3 generalisations.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Right, i am now totally convinced that women are insane, 3 differant situations
    Amusing troll... Need a larger sample of the population?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Ahh I've had a few female loonies in my life over the years..

An ex of mine was shagging some guy behind my back for months, she got caught, said there was a perfectly reasonable explanation, never got one, then told all our mates that she did absolutely nothing wrong, its all perfectly normal to lie to your bf, your mates, your family, cheat and lie some more.. all she was doing was having some harmless fun.. then told me she loved me and wanted to marry me.. but the timing was wrong!!! :confused:

She couldnt understand why all her friends then started ignoring her..

wtf!!!! :rolleyes:

Tox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

OP is entirely correct tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

aah but we love em all the same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Have met some normal girls and there just wasn't a spark between us so we got on fine, maybe had fun in some cases, but ultimately romantically unsuited. However, those cases are far outweighed by the number of bat**** loco women I've encountered. Not saying there aren't plenty of fellas out there that are pure headmelts, but it seems to be a majority trait in women.

I won't bore ye with the details, suffice it to say I'm frequently left with this expression: :confused:

Oh and for the record I'll be 27 end of this month, so I don't think this is purely an age thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

From personal experience:
    Men are idiots.
    Women are insane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

What an appropriate thread for tonight. I have so far dodged 27 missed calls. TWENTY SEVEN. She's a freak, an absolute freak and whats more, the bitch has my Black Books season 2 DVD and Im not going to get it back... Fuck it anyway..... Im seriously considering trying out the whole gay thing :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 emma peel

Some women are crazy. Some men are crazy. I don't think either sex has a hammerlock on bad behavior. Maybe because I'm a woman I've had more experience with crazy men -- they tend to be the ones killing women and kids and other men in greater numbers -- but I'm married to a great man who's definitely not crazy, so there ya go...it takes all kinds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

doonothing wrote: »
    Men are idiots.
    Women are insane.

QFT.

That sums it up in a nicely concise way. I'll happily accept that us men are idiots - or certainly have some idiotic qualities. And in the exact same way all women are crazy - or at least have some crazy qualities!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Isn't it the craziness that makes women such great fun?

I always try to pick crazy women never a dull day with a crazy woman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

OP, it's not them, it's you.
    Although some wimmins can get a bit psycho alright.

Good quote doonothing :D

• Advertisement

Women are crazy.....for Dr. Tran :D

nkay1985 wrote: »
    QFT.
    That sums it up in a nicely concise way. I'll happily accept that us men are idiots - or certainly have some idiotic qualities. And in the exact same way all women are crazy - or at least have some crazy qualities!

See I actually have to0 dispute this. I think BOTH men and women are idiots, I just think women are allowed to get away with it more. And obviously if you're allowed to constantly get away with behaving like an eejit, then you're going to lean more and more toward that end of the spectrum.

While I've known guys that got away with pretty much anything they wanted, for the most part I've found guys tend to get honest responses from their mates. If a guy cheats on his gf, his mates are not gonna tell him it was her fault for neglecting his needs, they're gonna tell him he was a donkey and there's no chance she'll take him back.

Whereas, again in my own experience, women will tell themselves, and each other, any ridiculous story which justifies whatever blagarding they engage in. And guys will even play along with this, (usually because they'll be ostricised by the wider circle of male/female friends if they don't).

Example, met a female friend of some friends at a party a few months back (not in ANY kind of romantic capacity). She spent the night going on and on about how her boyfriend had left on some trip a week ago, but they were staying together because they were so in love and love conquers all blah blah blah.

So another guy from the party sleeps on a couch in her room that night, and the next morning she invites him into her bed.

Obviously EVERYONE who was still around knew this, and she promptly started going on about how she didn't really see it as cheating because she had "needs", and then onto how she wouldn't tell her bf because she wasn't one of "these people" who would hurt someone else just to un-burden themselves of their guilt. B-****ing-S.

This doesn't apply to ALL women, but it does apply to most in my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Women are crazy.....for Dr. Tran :D

Hot dickings!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭veryangryman

it could be just that you're a freak hence you attract freaks??

Any woman who refers to a man who is simply asking her out as a freak has serious issues.

Just my 2 cents

+1 to the thread title

Thaedydal wrote: »

In fact this weekend, Dr. Tran will be at YOUR local record store giving out Hot Dickings! Just passin 'em out.

Patriotic!

Cowboy hat!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

See I actually have to0 dispute this. I think BOTH men and women are idiots, I just think women are allowed to get away with it more. And obviously if you're allowed to constantly get away with behaving like an eejit, then you're going to lean more and more toward that end of the spectrum.

While I've known guys that got away with pretty much anything they wanted, for the most part I've found guys tend to get honest responses from their mates. If a guy cheats on his gf, his mates are not gonna tell him it was her fault for neglecting his needs, they're gonna tell him he was a donkey and there's no chance she'll take him back.

Whereas, again in my own experience, women will tell themselves, and each other, any ridiculous story which justifies whatever blagarding they engage in. And guys will even play along with this, (usually because they'll be ostricised by the wider circle of male/female friends if they don't).

Example, met a female friend of some friends at a party a few months back (not in ANY kind of romantic capacity). She spent the night going on and on about how her boyfriend had left on some trip a week ago, but they were staying together because they were so in love and love conquers all blah blah blah.

So another guy from the party sleeps on a couch in her room that night, and the next morning she invites him into her bed.

Obviously EVERYONE who was still around knew this, and she promptly started going on about how she didn't really see it as cheating because she had "needs", and then onto how she wouldn't tell her bf because she wasn't one of "these people" who would hurt someone else just to un-burden themselves of their guilt. B-****ing-S.

This doesn't apply to ALL women, but it does apply to most in my experience.
    That pretty much nails it, or at least would be my view on the matter. Again as a generalisation. There's less accountability for women socially than for men. Caprice thy name is woman. As you say they'll do something and justify it to themselves afterwards. Your example of cheating is a very obvious and common one. Emotional response +/= sexual response which overrules "moral" objection = cheating, followed afterwards by self justification(often very labyrinthine too) to obviate guilt.

I have also found that if a woman tells a guy who is chatting her up that she has a boyfriend, - obviously the further along in the conversation the better, if it's at the start it's game over - it's a lot less of an issue than the other way around. Indeed by telling him that after or during the flirty stage, she's basically saying that if anything "happens" it's his "fault" as she did tell him. Drops the guilt for her. After all he confused/led her on/got her drunk etc. I've seen and heard that one so often it's not funny.

As a slapper man slut I know puts it very crudely, "remove judgement and guilt and the knickers will follow". Crass? Yes. Crude? Yes. Unbelievably cynical? For sure. But his madly high success rate goes a fair way to justifying his stance. The stories I could tell you about that guy. He pulled one woman at her own engagement party!! Another at her hen night. Crazy.
    Have met some normal girls and there just wasn't a spark between us so we got on fine, maybe had fun in some cases, but ultimately romantically unsuited. However, those cases are far outweighed by the number of bat**** loco women I've encountered. Not saying there aren't plenty of fellas out there that are pure headmelts, but it seems to be a majority trait in women.
    I've a theory on this(oh oh). Women I have as mates are bang on. No loopiness involved at all. With their partners, they can be completely nuts though. I reckon the loopiness is a way of testing a potential partner for emotional stability. If he over reacts to her loopiness she find him less attractive as a long termer. Maybe because if he over reacts to her, then he may over react to any children they may have. Kids being loopy in lots of ways(naturally). Maybe that's it.

You will often hear women say about their partners, "oh I can be crazy/hormonal/loopy, but he understands/loves me anyway". They expect their own loopiness and look to the guy for balance.

I will say I have found, that if you get a loopy moment from a woman(and it is a loopy moment, not the guy missing something obvious), ignoring it is by far the best policy. If you try to play the same game or engage it logically you're on a hiding to nothing.

I agree that it's not all women. Not at all. But it is a lot of them, especially younger(below 30) women. I would say in my experience it's damn near half of them, in the right circumstances.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

It's a massive generalisation, but from my experience it's most definately the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Are you me?!

I've practically had the same experiences in the past 3 weeks

like to wreck men's heads.

I think basically all of them are suffering from repressed Catholicism (not that they would aver acknowledge this) which has various effects on them.

They go out and get smashed and get a kick from 'being sexy and like Connie Bradshaw', but once the booze wears off they go right back to the 1950's and feel all guilty.

They also have an ambivalent attitude to men: One part of them likes 'em, another part hates their guts.

This is why in Ireland flirting (even for people in their 30's) often consists of insulting somebody or acting like you think they're the dumbest person you've ever met. Nobody ever taught Irish people the 'language' of flirting and dating, so most of 'em still resort to the same tactics they used in Primary school: i.e.

If you fancy somebody, pour a bottle of Yop over their head and call them 'smelly.'

Wibbs wrote: »
    Emotional response +/= sexual response which overrules "moral" objection = cheating, followed afterwards by self justification(often very labyrinthine too) to obviate guilt.

ooooooh! Shiny! but yeah totally on the money.

My biggest personal peeve with women is the whole "guilt-for-sex" thing.

I've lost count of the number of times women have tried to guilt me over the fact that I didn't want a relationship with them. Just because I happened to sleep with them they assumed I was going to start going out with them. The best part was, IN EVERY SINGLE CASE I'd made it clear that I wasn't really sure what I was looking for, that there was no pressure from my side one way or t'other, and that I'd be totally happy if we were just friends.

This wild claim demands an example! And so shall it be!

Before Christmas I met a girl from Holland. She seemed intelligent, and confident, and i found her very attractive, (subtle little lady lumps FTW!). Anyway, I do have a "reputation", but we'd discussed the fact that she wasn't interested in just a sexual thing, (we'd been chatting online for weeks), and I'd amde it abundantly clear that there was no pressure for sex from my part.

So we met up, had a few drinks, got a kiss on the cheek, and that was grand. That was Monday. On Friday I was in the city center a little late, so I decided I'd text her see if she wanted a drink, (she was sorting herself out to go to a party so there was a good chance she'd be around). She said it would take her about an hour to get in, so I agreed to hang about. We met, had a few drinks, a girlfriend of hers joined us, and she started inviting me back to this aprty. To be honest, it was Friday, I was exhausted, and while I was enjoying the drink I had no real interested in being introduced to her friends at that stage. So I wasn't running at the idea. Then suddenly, she starts going on about how "oh I'm just inviting you to a party, not into my bed". Initially I laughed this off, but she KEPT ON MAKING COMMENTS LIKE THIS. Now I felt I was in no way pressuring her, in fact she was the one that kept bringing this up, so in the end I got pissed off, I amde some excuse about meeting a friend (which as it turned out was true), and left with a smile. Figured there was no need for unpleasantness.

She spent the entire night ringing/texting me begging to know what she'd done wrong. I kept telling her it was fine, I was just tired, but in the end I told her she'd insulted me by constantly banging on about us not having sex as I felt I was in no way pressuring her for sex. So she apologised, and begged me to meet her outside trinity.

Honestly, sober I would have suggested meeting another day, but I'm been on the vodka and coke with a friend all night, so I agreed.

We wind up back at her place, and next thing she walks into her en-suite, then walks out completely naked.

I'm a nice guy, but I'm not amde of stone, so you can guess what happened next.

Next day she starts moaning about feeling "bad" about us sleeping together. I tell her that I personally don't see tha problem, but I understand that she feels badly about it.

The long and short of it was she kept on about this, and started giving me half-baked excuses about needing closure on her ex, while still wanting to meet up with me the whole time, ebing really defensive, and basically acting like a muppet.

This is just one story, I have about a hundred of these.

If there's a woman out there who can explain what I'm missing, please enlighten me, as lately I've actually stopped hitting on women because I'm fed up of the constant guilt trips.

As the previous poster shows:

Along with this childish attitude that Catholicism has engendered comes the following simple fact:

Almost all flirting/dating/hooking-up in Ireland takes place under the influence of heroic amounts of alcohol, whick makes everything very confusing.

As Dylan Moran says: "Everybody goes looking for a partner when their ****-faced, but you wouldnt buy a toaster when you're drunk, cause it's too important - it's gotta be just the right kind."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

As Dylan Moran says: "Everybody goes looking for a partner when their ****-faced, but you wouldnt buy a toaster when you're drunk, cause it's too important - it's gotta be just the right kind."

:D , never heard that before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

Lol yeah well i'm glad i didn't have her fella on top of me the next morning , I don't think i'm a freak I may be wrong though...and i'm joking I obviously know there are alot of lovely,sexy , sensible, intelligent lady's out there just none that I can find..

we are all in hiding.. fed up being harrassed by mad men! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

so true.
    i tihnk the sunny weather is bringin them out in force.

also, see this.

The_B_Man wrote: »
    so true.
    i tihnk the sunny weather is bringin them out in force.

also, see this.

No publicity is better than self publicity

Mr. Moran J'accuse!

I ONLY buy toasters when I'm drunk, it's great craic, I wind up bringing home the weirdest looking yokes, then I start jamming forks into them in a desperate bid to gain superpowers......

wait, are we talking about women or toasters now? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Its the changing of the mind that I hate. One day she's mad about about you, her friends are telling you she likes you, you're practically all over each other. Next day she won't answer your phone/messages and you never hear from them again. With no explanation.:confused:

Mr. Moran J'accuse!

I ONLY buy toasters when I'm drunk, it's great craic, I wind up bringing home the weirdest looking yokes, then I start jamming forks into them in a desperate bid to gain superpowers......

wait, are we talking about women or toasters now? :o

I have a bad habit of buying stuff from the internet while drunk porn subscriptions Thai brides Russian brides that sort

Its the changing of the mind that I hate. One day she's mad about about you, her friends are telling you she likes you, you're practically all over each other. Next day she won't answer your phone/messages and you never hear from them again. With no explanation.:confused:

Your doing it wrong brother!

Dont send them messages dont answer their phone calls and never ring them keeps them wondering what the fudge is going on makes you look mysterious, women like mysterious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

Rob_l wrote: »
    Your doing it wrong brother!

Dont send them messages dont answer their phone calls and never ring them keeps them wondering what the fudge is going on makes you look mysterious, women like mysterious

Women like backhands to the face.

...Ok maybe they don't, but they always seem to respond positively!

Women like backhands to the face.

...Ok maybe they don't, but they always seem to respond positively!

women like a strong man show her how strong you are by beating her up twice a day

• Advertisement
Advertisement