Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible Interviews

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Moderatorers !

Why not do a poll? There's been 220 views of this thread and only 1 person has actually said they're interested .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

i think paul may be right about not enough people going to ask questions.

it's much different on the gearslutz Q&A's as many people would be familiar with the guys over there's work.

i can't really think of anything to ask anyone mentioned so far.

the best q&a i ever saw was actually with Steve Albini on the 2+2 poker forums! he was a regular poster over there and one day happened to mention he was a record producer!!!

edit: here's the linky

seems like a real humble and intelligent guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

jtsuited wrote: »
    i think paul may be right about not enough people going to ask questions.

it's much different on the gearslutz Q&A's as many people would be familiar with the guys over there's work.

i can't really think of anything to ask anyone mentioned so far.

the best q&a i ever saw was actually with Steve Albini on the 2+2 poker forums! he was a regular poster over there and one day happened to mention he was a record producer!!!

edit: here's the linky

seems like a real humble and intelligent guy.

That's a really, really good Q&A. One of the best I've ever seen, just like you say.

Paul: I'm not sure a poll will make things clearer. It's just a bit like asking people to answer a poll on whether or not they will ask a question. Even if aeveryone says yes and/or no the outcome could still be very different. I reckon that people will chime in come the time. Although it would be a good idea for the first one to let the person know it might be quiet. If they're cool with that then it's all good. From there we'll get an idea of how it will shape up.

Right, I think Fergal Davies would be a great start (mastering, musician, teacher, programer etc) but as Paul says he's away. Anyone got a suggestion for someone else?

frobisher wrote: »
    Paul: I'm not sure a poll will make things clearer. It's just a bit like asking people to answer a poll on whether or not they will ask a question.

Yes you're right.
    However there's been no measurable enthusiasm for the idea and I think it's important that there is before anyone is asked to do one - so I think we need some way of measuring interest.

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    Yes you're right.
    However there's been no measurable enthusiasm for the idea and I think it's important that there is before anyone is asked to do one - so I think we need some way of measuring interest.

Totally makes sense but I think the best way will be to find out by trying. I'm guessing that through work you may have a few good names you could ask but are maybe reluctant to do so should the response prove disappointing. Understandable. I'd say we find someone friendly who will understand that it's a first pop and may be a bit quiet then take it from there. If it works sweet, if not sure at least we know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

I agree with paul alright. No point in wasting a lads time either. IF JUST PEOPLE WOULD POST ON THIS THREAD!?!??! ANYONE!?!?!

I'm guessing that through work you may have a few good names you could ask but are maybe reluctant to do so should the response prove disappointing. Understandable.

Ja!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Right, I think Fergal Davies would be a great start (mastering, musician, teacher, programer etc) but as Paul says he's away. Anyone got a suggestion for someone else?

Gareth Mannix(sp?) from Apollo Studios? I'd say you know him Frob. Paul, you know him too I presume?

Soundman wrote: »
    Paul, you know him too I presume?

lol

sei046 wrote: »
    lol

? :confused:

• Advertisement

nothing sorry! Will be interesting to hear what sort of questions people have to ask. Hopefuly it gets going. Anyway. Im off. Have to fail an Electromagnetism exam in the morning!

Soundman wrote: »
    Gareth Mannix(sp?) from Apollo Studios? I'd say you know him Frob. Paul, you know him too I presume?

Sure, I could ask him.

PS I PM'ed you yesterday on another matter, be sure to check your inbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

i would also be interested in posting!
    sorry didn't say so earlier!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Closing Doors

I'd be interested too, for what it's worth!

Sure, I could ask him.

PS I PM'ed you yesterday on another matter, be sure to check your inbox.

Just noticed that now. I'll check it and reply asap.

Advertisement