Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(GSD) Get Shredded Diet

Options
  • 07-05-2008 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭

I started this diet on monday. It was made by Dr John Berardihttp://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1150209

The main reason i choose this was because it suited my goals and I have seen the amazing results it got g'em.

On monday I was 91kgs and about 13-14% bodyfat. Im going to weight myself every monday to track my progress and take pictures also.

Even though im only 3 days in I know this is going to be tough to stick to but hopefully i can.

Il keep you all updated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

How tall are ya? you must be pretty big with those measurements unless you're really tall!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭JM MARCONI

Im 6 2" Hanley.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

You must be in fairly good nick!!!

Ya planning on before and after photos?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭gabgab

Be very interested in this JM, throw up pics will you, be class to see this progress week on week,

Fair play to you,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

The first couple of days don't suck too much because you have the novelty of being on a radical diet that promises to change your physique like no way you've ever seen.

The next few days begin to suck a little more as your body struggles to cope with the lack of carbs and you may feel dizzy, moody, cranky and have fuzzy-head.

Then ketogenesis kicks in and physically it doesn't suck too much (except for keto breath, you may want to stock up on sugar-free chewing gum...) but metnally it sucks becasue you realise that you're going to have to maintain this for 8 (or more) looooong weeks.

And then your first cheat day arrives and life doesn't suck at all anymore :D

Best of luck - the GSD was, without doubt, one of the hardest and most challenging 8 weeks I ever had. It's worth it... just about ;)

• Advertisement

I was just about to put up a photo of myself when i realised they are on my girlfriends laptop. She is away till monday night so il put some up then.

Here are a couple of things i have noticed so far in the first 4 days of the diet.

1)I have pretty bad doms at the moment. This is abviously due to the lack of protein and post workout nutrition after heavy lifting.

2) My legs feel quite weak during day to day things like walking up the stairs.

3) I have not lost any strenght so far but this will probably change as the days go by.

4) For some reason i wake up in the morning feeling great(ZMA maybe?) even though im absolutly starving going to bed. This isnt normal for me because im usually a grumpy **** in the morning.

5) Im quite enjoying cardio at the moment because the weather is so nice.

6) It might be just my imagination but im already starting to see more definition in my arms mainly. This may be due to a slight sun tan from the last few days.

I havnt given into temptation yet even though my house is full of junk from my 21st last week.

Day 5

Fairly easy day. I was in the gym for 4 days in a row so i took today off. I got up at 9 and went for a 35min cycle then had my breakfast. Then off to college.

Iv been thinking about eating alot today. Id say this is because i didnt go to the gym. I find working out takes my mind off food.

I have a question. I have been mixing my creatine/bcaa with water an orange juice. Would the orange juice be slowing down my progress at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Just wondering man if you're still at this? Your results have to inspire me for when I try it around late July to early September!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭gabgab

Yeh curious to see how this is going too,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

JM MARCONI wrote: »
    Would the orange juice be slowing down my progress at all?
    Yes! It's pure carbs and the GSD is about protein and lots of fats (pushing you into ketogenesis).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭celestial

JM Marconi.... what happened here?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

celestial wrote: »
    JM Marconi.... what happened here?!!

+ 1. Was interested to see how this worked out for you!!

Advertisement