Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New mom playgroup

Options
  • 07-05-2008 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hello!

I am new to this site...and new to the Greystones area. My hubby and I moved to Charlesland Park a little over a year ago and have recently had a little girl!!! We have finally gotten over the 'shock' of becoming parents for the first time...and me being a stay-at-home mommy for the first time...and are now eager to meet other new parents in the area! I'm American (and missing my fam/friends back home!!), and while I do love spending time with my hubby's family in Dublin, I'd love to meet some new mom's in the neighborhood ...maybe meet up on a weekly or bi-weekly basis...where we can swap stories, advice and allow our little ones to meet future buddies!

BTW, my daughter is 5 months and full of beans!!!

Looking forward to hearing from you!!! :)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭daveco23

There are a few playgroups down in the village during the week - my wife takes our son down there. Can`t remember the names or locations off the top of my head, but will dig them out. Great way to meet people - Better Prettier half has made a lot of friends thru them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Rmahony

Thanks! I've heard there are a couple-which I should definately try out. Just thought it'd be nice to have a casual one in the neighborhood....that doesn't require a fee!!

Thanks for your feedback!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 c'on

Hi Rmahony, have just sent you a private message, would love to meet up, my daughter is 6 months next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 GreenEyes

Hi C'on & Rmahony,

I am a first time Mum with a 7 month old boy and am also interested in meeting some other new mums in the area. If you are looking to expand your group just let me know:)

Hi GreenEyes!

We would be happy for your to join us. We're just a group of 3 moms and 3 babies (7-8 mos). We just met up for a coffee yesterday so I'd say we wouldn't meet again until atleast next week or the week after... I'm actually having family stay with me for a couple weeks so not sure when I'll be available, but the other girls might be getting together.

Do you live in Charlesland? PM me your number and I'll keep you in the loop!!

Thanks,
    R

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Liam81

Hi rmahony, would you pm me too please, i have a 20month old and a 7month old. Going back to work part time soon but would like to meet other mothers that are local! Thanks, Amy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

Hi, I have just moved back into grove after being in Australia for 3 years. I have a very energetic almost 6 month boy. I would really love to meet up with other mums as I am really missing mothers group back in Australia.

Can I please be included in the meet ups. I also love taking him for walks if anyone is interested in that?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

MrsA wrote: »
    Hi, I have just moved back into grove after being in Australia for 3 years.

Welcome back MrsA! Is it that long since your original Charlesland thread that started this whole thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

Thanks Eoim,
    The place doesn't seem to have gone downhill without me at all. Are you still in charlesland?
    Waiting for broadband at the mo so having to type on the iPhone and it is driving me mad!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Anna Zarebska

GreenEyes wrote: »
    Hi C'on & Rmahony,

I am a first time Mum with a 7 month old boy and am also interested in meeting some other new mums in the area. If you are looking to expand your group just let me know:)

Hi,
    I'm also a fisrst time Mum and Im moving with my husband and new baby boy to Charlesland since September.
    We are Polish. That will be super to meet you and your baby than? What do you think?

Anna:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Hi Ladies!
    I've PM'd you all about our next get together.
    I hope you can make it!
    -R

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mamacha

Wondering if you ever found a group? I'm new to the country from America - mum of 3 ( ages 8 yrs, 6 yrs, and 1 1/2 yrs) looking to meet other mums. Always nice to meet other Americans in the area.

Advertisement