Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predictions for the DLC

• 07-05-2008 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭

Having finished the storyline and whiled away hours at the Vigilante/side missions, I'm oddly hungry for more, even considering that GTA IV has taken 31, count em 31 hours of my life so far. To this end I'm left wondering what the much hyped 360 Downloadable content will be. My predictions are:
    • More CO-OP missions.
    • A Jailbreak mission.
    • More sports cars.
    • Another weapon or two, maybe a flamethrower?
    • A mission that involves you going to another, quite small landmass.
    • Some more clothes and perhaps another clothes shop.
    • Another Multiplayer mode.
    • More races, assassinations or vigilante missions.
    • All in all probably another 5-10 hours of gameplay.

In reality it probably will cost something, probably in the region of 10 to 15 dollars, maybe not though, with the decision up to Rockstar.

Your thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Having finished the storyline and whiled away hours at the Vigilante/side missions, I'm oddly hungry for more, even considering that GTA IV has taken 31, count em 31 hours of my life so far. To this end I'm left wondering what the much hyped 360 Downloadable content will be. My predictions are:
    • More CO-OP missions.
    • A Jailbreak mission.
    • More sports cars.

In reality it probably will cost something, probably in the region of 10 to 15 dollars, maybe not though, with the decision up to Rockstar.

Your thoughts?

I like the suggestions that you've made there man, they're interestin. I didn't know that they were going to be bringing out downloadable content, im probably the only person that doesn't know about that lol :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

arent there rumours itll be a new city?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Yeah, I heard something about it being more like the difference between GTA III and the following 2 games rather than the typical DLC we've come to expect from other games.

I reckon that's just a load of marketing blurb though, it'll just be a couple of new guns/vehicles and a multiplayer mode or two...

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭nealmac

• More CO-OP missions.
    • A Jailbreak mission.
    • More sports cars.

Your thoughts?
    Well at least you're being realistic. I've seen nothing but kids on other forums going on about a whole new city being included. If it took so many years to make one city, how the hell would they make another one, in just a few months?

To be honest, I'm not bothered, as I'm on PS3, but nice to see some people still know how to be realistic.

However I think you'll get more than just a couple of new guns/vehicles and a multiplayer mode or two, as tman says. They did refer to it as EPISODIC content, so it's got to be something extra to do with the story line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Planes...just a hunch.

• Advertisement

you have to remember that gta4 cost 100m to produce, and ms have paid 50m for the dlc so youd have to expect a LOT of content

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Geff

Helix wrote: »
    you have to remember that gta4 cost 100m to produce, and ms have paid 50m for the dlc so youd have to expect a LOT of content

I don't think it will be directly proportianite of the price at all. MS paid that for exclusivity not the size of it.

As regards what it is R* mentioned numerous times there were certain areas they didn't include that they wanted to such as Long Island, Staten Island etc maybe they will include this in the DLC. It will more than likely be less than a quarter of the existing map. New missions, new cars, new characters and maybe some new weapons.

with both dlc packs, id wager itll be a good 50% more content tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,523 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Liberty City Alien Invasion.

Think "V: The Game" with Nico as leader of the resistance.

OK... no more coffee for me this morning....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭superweld

didn't microsoft just 'advance' the 50 million and not actually pay 50 million for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

R* have said that it would take the form of someone just approaching you in the street with missions to do for them, or something like that!

with both dlc packs, id wager itll be a good 50% more content tbh

50%? Don't be so silly.

You will be lucky to see 15-20% size wise content on the original game from BOTH DLCs combined.

i couldnt see ms forking up so much if it wasnt going to be quite a lot

Like I already said...

I don't think it will be directly proportianite of the price at all. MS paid that for exclusivity not the size of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

They forked that money up to sell 360's, would have nothing to do with the amount of content that will be in the download pack.

You do realise it Microsoft we're talking about? Of course they'd flaunt their money, even if it wasn't going to be worth it.

Anyway, MS will easily make their money back. I'm sure they'll charge well for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

50 million buys more than exclusivity. That kind of cash buys content that while exclusive, also adds a hell of a lot. m$ do not shell out 50 million unless it makes their console the one to play it on...and that means that the dlc will be massive, thus ensuring that the 360 version is the best to own. Thats why 50 million was spent on it. There is no way that money was spent on exclusivity alone, as what good is having exclusive content for a platform, if it does not make that platform the one to play it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

ms will defo make the money back on the dlc.

There not going to charge you the standard 800-900 points
    I can see them charging us like 2100 or more & they will get it.

When oblivion had an expansion pack it cost like 2400 pts & it still sold well.

R* have said that each DLC pack will take 10 hours to complete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

When oblivion had an expansion pack it cost like 2400 pts & it still sold well.
    But that expansion was massive and about 25% the map size of Oblivion, with a wealth of extra content. All in all added over 15 hours+ of gameplay

*edit* Oh and the price is not set by m$. m$ only set the minimum marketplace price of 400 points for game content (unless that content is really small, then the price can be lower). 400 points is the minimum price of significant add ons

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »

Really? Where did you see this?

Mr E wrote: »

Translated to real terms means "5 hours or less".

Companies always exagerrate playing times to make people buy it.

nealmac wrote: »
    Really? Where did you see this?

I read it in a few places last week. From Eurogamer on launch day:
    But what do we actually know about it? In concrete terms, not a lot. "Exclusive episodic content" has been mentioned ever since the original DLC announcement at E3 in May 2006, with Xbox.com subsequently describing "two distinct episodes, both downloadable from Xbox Live and each a minimum of 10 hours long".

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=134770

But what do we actually know about it? In concrete terms, not a lot. "Exclusive episodic content" has been mentioned ever since the original DLC announcement at E3 in May 2006, with Xbox.com subsequently describing "two distinct episodes, both downloadable from Xbox Live and each a minimum of 10 hours long".

Translated they don't know squat.

I guarentee you people we will be lucky to get 10 hours from both packs.

Interesting, but I certainly wouldn't take that as official.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

Geff wrote: »
    Translated they don't know squat.

I guarentee you people we will be lucky to get 10 hours from both packs.

people that rush the game will get that.

people that rush the game will get that.

No non-retarded users will get that.

I've never rushed games in my life and I still get a lot less than what companies tout as being the "playing time". Even magazine/online reviews greatly supplement gameplay times for completion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Geff wrote: »
    No non-retarded users will get that.

I've never rushed games in my life and I still get a lot less than what companies tout as being the "playing time". Even magazine/online reviews greatly supplement gameplay times for completion.

Every where has been saying 25-30 hrs to complete GTA. So far on 31hrs and nearing the end of the campaign with minimal arseing about, they were right about GTA.

Advertisement