Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just saw SATC trailer on TV

Options
  • 07-05-2008 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

now. Am sooooooo excited awahoo!!!!!! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭sharkie2008

saw the trailer lastnight, got my date with the girls set up. i cannot wait!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

haha I can't believe you tapped that out so quickly! I'm assuming you saw it on about 5 mins ago on one of the English channels like me lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

Yup during ad break of friends :D On the couch with the laptop bit under the weather and bored bored bored sh!tless

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

sure thats been on youtube for ages! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

ya i just saw it too tonight. now im seriously getting excited!!

have booked to see it with my life long friend. yippeee:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

you can book already?! its not out for weeks! crap maybe i need to book. im afraid if i dont see it early someone will tell me the ending :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

So sassy! Gotta love it! Those girls are an inspiration. Uh-huh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I've never seen an episode of it in my life. My sis owns the whole thing on boxset, I should probably book a week off work eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

Yeah i never really got into it, but my sister and my best friend love it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Femmy wrote: »
    Yeah i never really got into it, but my sister and my best friend love it..

I nearly got lynched in a pub one night for asking a question about this show.

I have learned to never question it and just leave people off. I mean, i understand why people would watch it, people can like all kinds of stuff, i just don't get it.

• Advertisement

ellscurr wrote: »
    I've never seen an episode of it in my life. My sis owns the whole thing on boxset, I should probably book a week off work eh?

Yeah you should really do that - you won't regret it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

simu wrote: »
    Those girls are an inspiration.

The girls on sex and the city are not inspirational! Massively entertaining stereotypes and fun, yes, but not inspirational, that is unless you aspire to be a neurotic,materialistic closehorse devoid of any family and whose life centres around yourself and men and is unfuffillied and empty without a man.

It was exciting to see the trailer though,looking forward to the flick

panda100 wrote: »
    The girls on sex and the city are not inspirational! Massively entertaining stereotypes and fun, yes, but not inspirational, that is unless you aspire to be a neurotic,materialistic closehorse devoid of any family and whose life centres around yourself and men and is unfuffillied and empty without a man.

Are you judging me? Is that allowed in this forum? They were my weekly cup of ambition - what's so bad about that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Are you judging me? Is that allowed in this forum? They were my weekly cup of ambition - what's so bad about that?

just remembered which song i know these words from

' working 9 to 5 ' it is :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Can't effin wait for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Is the whole idea of some of us from here meeting up to see it gone now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

Not sure how to feel about it. I really liked the first three, maybe four seasons of the show but it lost steam for me. And I never really liked watching the Carrie/Big relationship develop, which of course will be the focus of the movie. I'll probably go see it anyway. Just hope there's a lot more Kristin Davis than the trailer implies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Ambition? In terms of career, they didn't seem to do a whole lot, no? One wrote a slim, dim column for a paper and in return seemed to earn a load of dosh in return. What was that about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Ambition? In terms of career, they didn't seem to do a whole lot, no? One wrote a slim, dim column for a paper and in return seemed to earn a load of dosh in return. What was that about?

Do NOT speak ill of our girls! :mad:

Off to the bold corner with ya!

Yeah I'll not hear of any SATC bashing either :D

It wasn't all realistic of course but it was fun. I think a lot of people can relate to some of the issues in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭funkycat83

yes! i agree no bashing of our Girleens!

I cant *wait* May 28th just cant get here fast enough!!
    I wonder will they do a mid-night showing like the whole Harry Potter madness thing!! :D

• Advertisement

It can happen! Look at Cecilia Ahern!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Haha, true! But that one-with-the-nose in Sex and the City didn't have a prime minister as a father, which makes a big difference.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Ah lighten up, its fun to watch.

No-one's life (that I know) is like that, so its enjoyable to watch. Its quirky and ridiculously unrealistic at times but I enjoy it and look forward to the movie..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Lilly87

Ah lighten up, its fun to watch.

No-one's life (that I know) is like that, so its enjoyable to watch. Its quirky and ridiculously unrealistic at times but I enjoy it and look forward to the movie..

Exactly, its fiction and not meant to be taken too seriously ! I found it to be a very good series and i'd say the movie will be a success because the show has a big fan base.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Mikel

They were my weekly cup of ambition - what's so bad about that?
    You'd have to be pretty vacuous to consider that 'ambition'
    I own loads of shoes!
    I get seen at all the in places!
    I have sex with half the male population!
    Yay me!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SheRa

I know that we spoke about booking out a cinema ages ago and getting all dressed up and going to see it, but the cinemas that do private hire are really pricey so I dont think that its a runner.

If anyone has a cinema that they would care to rent out to me and a few dozen lovely ladies let me know:D:D.

Seriously though, how about we arrange a LL night out to go see it and then go for cocktails afterwards somewhere like the porterhouse etc that I could reserve space??

Its out the 28 May, how about the 31st May or 1 June??

Let me know through this thread or PM me if you are interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Mikel wrote: »
    You'd have to be pretty vacuous to consider that 'ambition'
    I own loads of shoes!
    I have sex with half the male population!
    Yay me!!!
    I own loads of cars
    I have sex with loads of birds.

A lot of Dudes would watch that show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Mikel

Dragan wrote: »
    I own loads of cars
    I have sex with loads of birds.

A lot of Dudes would watch that show.
    True, just as vacuous though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

How many men aspire to be like James Bond?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

WindSock wrote: »
    How many men aspire to be like James Bond?

I love SATC but the life of a secret agent is far more aspirational than any of the four girls'. I mean, he was a sanppy dresser, got all the chicks had a cool job and got to jet around the world with cool gadgets and cars.

Advertisement