Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just saw SATC trailer on TV

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

One more day to go!!!!!!!! How excited are we all on a scale from 1-10? I'm about 25 at the mo :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭raemie21

Just home from seeing it! *smug satisfaction*
    Probably best to wait until more have seen it and then can discuss properly...

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

raemie21 wrote: »
    Just home from seeing it! *smug satisfaction*
    Probably best to wait until more have seen it and then can discuss properly...

I went to the 5.20 showing earlier. I thought it was good but at times it dragged a little and i got a bit fed up of all the corporate endorsement...pantene, starbucks, loreal, pret a mange (whatever its called). well worth seeing though!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭quinevere

i'm dying to see it love the show and the last session was brilliant a few of the seaons in between were fluffy but I have high hopes for the movie

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭No1XtinaFan

I haven't seen every single episode of this and I def haven't seen the last couple. I have seen a good few though, should I really make sure to see them all before I go to see it?
    Cheers :)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

it has been slated on every single review i have heard/ read

the lady on matt cooper last night, thought it was extremely racist and degrading to women. Did anyone else hear her - matt kinda had to tell her calm down :D

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

Didn't hear that interview. Is it online?
    Loved the film tho. Don't want to say too much and spoil it. Gonna have to see it again I think :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

I thought that it was great but I agree that it was more about product placement & advertising designers than the girls themselves. I will still go see it again though;)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Hayden*

I hated the film it was so depressing :( I would watch the series on tv over and over again but I dont think I could watch the film again they ruined it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I loved it, it kept me hanging because I really wasn't expecting it to be so depressing and I didn't know how it would turn out. Was hilarious though, and tear jerking and just lovely eye candy really. I'd watch it again definitely. It was very long though....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

I hated it. It was way too long, way too predictable and just all around crap. I wasnt expecting it to be as good as the show, but it was just SO far from as good as the show that it was ridiculous. I love the show, so I'm choosing to wipe all memory of the film from my head and pretend like it never happened.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Maybe it felt too long simply because everyone is used to seeing it in 30 minute chunks(more like 20 odd mins with ads). I felt the same about the simpsons film.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭Clink

Saw it last night and really enjoyed it, couldn't believe how dark it was compared to the series (and in that was I found it a lot more realistic).

To those that say it's degrading to woman and racist, I really really don't see how?????

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

I really enjoyed the movie. There was a lot more going on than I expected. It was like a really good episode of the series. I did not find it too long. And the clothes.... amazing.
    If you saw the movie, what was your favourite outfit. Mine was Carrie's blue dress with the long flowing sleeves(the one she wore to the baby shower).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Dragged the bf to see it last night. He was appalled! I found it too long and lacking a lot of the aspects I liked about the series. I liked the risqué aspect of the tv show along with the fact that Samantha, with her upper class accent sometimes talked like a docker! All that stuff was absent from the movie. Its a good friendship story though.

Oh and the continuity is appalling and I think I saw the Boom mic at the top of the screen 4 times throughout the film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Todoquetengo

I saw it last night and really enjoyed it, was very glam, lots of fashion and shoes! Diidn't expect it to be such a tear jerker though and it was corny at times but overall I think it was great and would recommend it. Complete girlie escapism :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

I was dragged to see it last night and to my surprise i found it to be very inspirational.
    It shows that no matter how badly written, directed and acted your film is, you can still get it on the big screen and make a fortune from the worlds least subtle product placement.

Advertisement