Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have I done?

Options
  • 07-05-2008 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭

Hi girls just thought id pop in for some advice.:)

Currently seeing this girl the last month and everything has been going fantastically well..........ive really fallen for her! But the thing is Im the type of guy that plays things cool.....treat them mean keep 'em keen and all that.......and before anyone says anything I know I know:( but im beginning to think its back firing! So how do I go about letting this girl know im crazy about her without just saying it and scaring her? I want her to know I want her without saying it to her and without it getting to heavy for her because up until now everything has been fantstic!

Any help for a knob-head of a fella ladies?? Thanks:)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Well, she's still with you so you must be doing something right.

Meh, just be yourself.* Stop playing games.

*And when women say 'be yourself' we don't mean farting in a restaurant and going 'Didjis get da, wha??'

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

JMCD wrote: »

So how do I go about letting this girl know im crazy about her without just saying it and scaring her?

You don't. Just tell her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Assuming she's human and her audio receptors are in working order, and therefore understands human speech, you inform her via the medium of said human speech.

I know this probably sounds very technical, but it's not as hard as you might expect.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Human beings who are worried about feelings being reciprocated play games about saying how we feel. We just do. So tell her gently at first, what she means to you. Small words and gestures, which you can build on when she tells you similar. Dont be afraid of your feelings, even if you realise you cant go overblown and declare undying love right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Cmol

Silverfish wrote: »
    Stop playing games.

^ Exactly!!

Just tell her!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Show her this thread. Actually, probably a bad idea!

(It's great telling a bunch of strangers how you feel about someone, but not so easy when telling that someone, eh?:))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

"I tink yer deadly" Should do the trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

You could say '' jeeze you arent half loosing the weight ''

*second thoughts if she is a lil on the plump side might feel insulted and if skinny anyway might be suspious * :eek:

seriously , i know you dont want scare her off alltogether so i know it's a tricky one but it might be handy if you go someplace different than your usual haunts ,somewere nice like countryside or near the sea .At least the settings and scenery will be right to choose your moement .

Just another males 10 cents worth :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

what you say to the girl is simply that this time together has been amazing. and you can't belive how lucky you were to have found her. simple as that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

im pretty sure that counts as the 'scaring away' thing...^

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

When you are not with her, just send a nice txt, when you are with her, tell her she looks nice, take her out for dinner somewhere nice..
    Just stop playing games and relax..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Love always involves bravery I'm afraid. You can't have your cake and eat it. You can't be in love without putting your heart on the line. You are going to have to come right out with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

What Topper75 said.

Man up and just tell the girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭1_in_1,000,000

Gawd, just tell her you think she's really great. She'll get the message - just don't give it the whole i love you and want to make a life comitment thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

get one of your buddies to ring her and say "my mate really really likes you!"

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

Rob_l wrote: »
    get one of your buddies to ring her and say "my mate really really likes you!"

"...will you shift him?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

Femmy wrote: »
    When you are not with her, just send a nice txt, when you are with her, tell her she looks nice, take her out for dinner somewhere nice..
    Just stop playing games and relax..

Definitely agree with Femmy here. Just relax, enjoy being in the first stage of your relationship and don't be worrying about just being yourself, she obviously likes you as ye are still together after a couple of dates or whatever so just continue to be a gent and have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

UB wrote: »
    "...will you shift him?"

I was thinking more like
    "will you go steady with him"

this seems like a serious relationship :D

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭JackieO

I agree with the text thing. Its always a little easier to be brave via text and its unlikely to scare her away. She will no doubt be dead chuffed.

DO NOT send it in the middle of the night after a feed of drink however.

Send it during the day/evening after a nice date and just tell her that you really enjoy being with her or that you were just thinking of her. Something nice but not too over the top.

Advertisement