Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite VSTi

Options
  • 07-05-2008 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what people are going for is Vstis. Over the last while i have been using Trilogy, EzDrummer and a few kontakt vstis like a nice steinway. I have heard good things about the yellowtools stuff.

I would love a good, easy to use acoustic guitar sample library. Its very hard to get decent performances out of them. I find Vstis handy for low budget stuff and mock ups

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

my whole setup is based around softsynths so my favourites are:

Arturia Moog modular- my absolute favourite virtual analogue. and the patch cable interface is actually easier to use than most matrix routing systems in softsynths.

Refx Vanguard - uber trendy sounding synth with presets by vengeance. Not that you should be using presets at all!! But they're actually a great starting point if you're into the latest techno/tech-house/maybe trance (eek!)

Arturia Jupiter 8v - Love it just for it's distinctive weediness and the cross modulation you can do is great for glitchy abrasive percussion sounds.

Rob Papen's Predator - again great presets but if you're a bit of a synth geek you can get extraordinary sounds out of it.

Native Instruments' Massive - Nice enough but pretty over-rated in my opinion. Digital harshness is very prevalent with this one. Despite NI's marketing spiel.

FxPansion Guru - By far the best drum machine ever made. ever. including hardware.
    The swing options are incredible sounding, especially for anything house related. Great for glitchy stuff because of the graph section (anyone who has it wil know what I mean)

Logic's Instruments- I know no technically vsti's but what the hell. bloody incredible bunch of stuff in Logic 8. The EVP88 is a beautiful electric piano (rhodes,wurlitzer) emulation. The synths are good (not great), EXS24 (the sampler) is fantastic (it's been used on a lot of dance records the past two years), and Ultrabeat is second only to Guru for my favourite drum machine ever.

Advertisement