Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Locking on audi a4

Options
  • 07-05-2008 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

ive recently purchased an audi a4 but i have no instruction booklet with it
    when i open the door the rest of the doors stay locked until i put the key in the ignition then i hear a beep and all the doors are unlocked,
    is there a way to set it to open when i unlock the door?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

What year is the A4? Later models have a 'power saver' that shuts down non-essential systems (including central locking) when the battery charge is low. If your battery is OK then it is most likely an 'adaptation' that needs to be performed using an appropriate diagnosis tool. If it's the latest model A4, then it may be possible to reprogram it yourself.

You can order a replacement instruction manual through any Audi dealer - the parts department are the people to talk to.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Magown3

Have you tried double-clicking it?

Central locking can be set to open all doors with one click or just drivers door with one click and all doors with a double-click!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BlueDragon

it doesnt have central locking its a 99, i dont know if i can change it its just kinda annoying hving to hve people wait for me to get into the car and put the key in the ignition before they can open the doors

Advertisement