Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Applying to join An Garda Siochana

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Haz33

goouch wrote: »
    HAVE you ever gone back and spoke to that employment or is there bad water between ye now

If you think you are on talking terms with your old employer , approach them and explain the situation to them, and how they may be contacted about it as you want to be honest and put it on the form.
    With any luck they may just tell the gardai it was an internal matter and nothing serious but for cosistency reasons had no choice but to let you go.
    If you dont think you will get on too well and still want to tell the truth on the form. Write it down and say how you have learned a very valuable lesson from it etc., I don't think it would be a bar to your application but be prepared to discuss it at interview stage. Good luck with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Just checked publicjobs.ie and saw Garda Trainee as featured jobs.

But the link is not ready I think, should be tomorrow.

Canonfan wrote: »
    Just checked publicjobs.ie and saw Garda Trainee as featured jobs.

But the link is not ready I think, should be tomorrow.

Calm down , Panic over..... It is just telling you to register with public jobs .ie for upcoming campaigns

I know, but it wasn't there yesterday or this morning. The campaign will start very soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bettyboop999

no i was never prosecuted and the gaurds were never involved.... the item was worth less than €10...i dont think the employer would be very obligeing to me.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

no i was never prosecuted and the gaurds were never involved.... the item was worth less than €10...i dont think the employer would be very obligeing to me.....

Sound advice what haz said, dont lie or try to hide anything on the form. you dotn want it to come back on you in the long run.

But its up to you the end of the day if you wanna omit that time worked with a certain employer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 dottie

Just received an email advertising it from Public JOBS. Still can't fill the application until the morning though.......

Good Luck to all of us!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭greydiamond

Nothing yet..................oh well suppose I'll give it some time yet:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭soundlad

dottie wrote: »
    Just received an email advertising it from Public JOBS. Still can't fill the application until the morning though.......

Good Luck to all of us!!!

really dottie i checked my email got nothing from them hope i get it in morning. any one know or have an idea on wen stage 1 will be held

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭goouch

So I Was Right It Is Tomorrow Guess What I Never Got A Txt From Them Anyone Get A Txt Or Had Ye Mainly Registered For Email Contact

• Advertisement

O my good God i just checked my email they freaking emailed me even tho i had registered for them to txt ok whatever i guess they contacted me lol

Yeah look dont be fretting about this. Put it down on your form and have your story ready for your interview. Everyone at some stage has stolen from an employer I dont care who you are. Taking a paperclip, posting a letter franked at work, 5 minutes late back after break etc. etc. .It's all stealing but so petty no one gives a s**te.
    I would, whenever you're asked, say it was an item worth a tenner and they made an example of you and you were guilty and respect their position and have learned from a silly mistake and paid dearly for it and because of it you are a better person.
    This will not affect your application so don't be worrying.

O my good God i just checked my email they freaking emailed me even tho i had registered for them to txt ok whatever i guess they contacted me lol

i still havent got an email :mad:

test dates are between the 9th and 27th of June,

*Update* Just got an email there. Is it going live at 12 tonight or will it be tomorrow?

Check your job alerts have you it def set up right dont panic says me who nearly lost it when i taught i didnt get it but just give them a ring in the morn if you are in doubt if your set up youll be able to register as will every1 else, dont think it goes in order of who registers 1st well all get an email back to ring an number to book a test date between the allocated dates ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bettyboop999

thanks haz feel bit better but cant help but think im at a MAJOR disadvantage... what interview will the issue be raised at the imformal with the super or the formal. does anyone know

Check your job alerts have you it def set up right dont panic says me who nearly lost it when i taught i didnt get it but just give them a ring in the morn if you are in doubt if your set up youll be able to register tomorrow at 9 as will every1 else, dont think it goes in order of who registers 1st well all get an email back to ring an number to book a test date between the allocated dates ,

got the email now its time to sleep and apply in the morning woo :D:D

You Can Apply Now

• Advertisement

Lets get the ball rolling shall we:D

its rolling just got my competiton number sent to me via Email after i registered.

its rolling just got my competiton number sent to me via Email after i registered.[/quot

Applied for and all now. On the long road again hopefully more successful this time and hope everyone here is too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭jenga-jen

got my competition number too!! :D

time for the sleeping

you and me both sunshine all the best every1,

Got my competition number too.:D

• Advertisement

jenga-jen wrote: »
    got my competition number too!! :D

time for the sleeping

Thats just the competition number that is sent to u in email not ur actually candidate number lol :)

Fairplay to you soundlad you didnt go to school for the ride on the bus, lol woundered why we had the same number lol

Fairplay to you soundlad you didnt go to school for the ride on the bus, lol woundered why we had the same number lol

lol no went for the sexy french teacher :p:p

lets hope your top of the french class down in Templemore in Aug !!!!!!!!!

lets hope your top of the french class down in Templemore in Aug !!!!!!!!!

lol ye be good alrite but id settle for november just as long as i got it . may start praying or something now. you can be top of the class wit me down there haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Stay_in_Kampuchea

I applied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

And so it starts all over again!

Good for us who are waiting on PCT's etc to know that the dreaded "freeze" was only a sales tactic by HQ to get us to sign up for May intake eh Haz? :)

We can relax and enjoy the summer now :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭widget64

I just applied!

This is my first time. I can see from some of the post's that a few of you guys have applied before. Can you tell me how far you got or what you think the hardest part is??

I dont know where to start......:confused:

widget64 wrote: »
    I just applied!

This is my first time. I can see from some of the post's that a few of you guys have applied before. Can you tell me how far you got or what you think the hardest part is??

Have a read through the last 100 pages of the big garda recruitment thread. Some excellent advice in there.
    Im at the medical stage at the minute, a lot of posters on here are at that stage, or else have passed everything and are waiting on background checks to clear.
    Its hard to say what the hardest part is, everyone is different. Personally I found the waiting the hardest part. Waiting on results of aptitude/interview/date for medical/background checks.
    You really need patience for it.!

widget64 wrote: »
    I just applied!

hey widget. this is my third time going for it. failed the interview the first time and then failed the medical last time. the interview is by far the hardest but i wouldnt worry about that til stage 1 is over . stage 1 is not that easy so just stay focused on 1 stage at a time.

What did you fail the medical on last time soundlad if thats ok to ask?

pvt.joker wrote: »
    What did you fail the medical on last time soundlad if thats ok to ask?

my bmi was to high so working on getting it down now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭widget64

Thanks for the advice lads.

BMI is a bit of a farce and they cant really judge it that well so just be aware of it this time around. If you are athletic your bmi is will be high!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭Murphy(Cork)

Finally the ball is rolling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

here we go again! just applied, and got my email back, according to my old emails, when i applied last i got the next email 9 days later to ring for a date

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭jenga-jen

soundlad wrote: »
    Thats just the competition number that is sent to u in email not ur actually candidate number lol :)

you appear confused by my post...no mention of me saying 'candidate'

oh and...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭paddymc1

Well as the saying goes, (third time lucky) hopefully this time I will get through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

its great to finally get it started, i assume that this is aimed for november intake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭mc-panda

Hi all.

Good luck to everyone who applied this twist. I applied for the last drive, but due to conflicting commitments with exams, I wasn't able to actually attend the assessment. The wording on publicjobs.ie signals that there should be no problem with my application on this occasion (even though it falls within the six month breach). However, any feedback would be welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭paddymc1

shakin wrote: »
    its great to finally get it started, i assume that this is aimed for november intake?

I'd say so. There would only be a month from doing the aptitude tests before the next intake would start so I'd say majorty of people would be for November.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭woohoo

OMG I am so excited!!!! First time applying so fingers crossed!

Good luck to everyone! YAHOO!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

GL with everyone starting their process, oct seems so far away now for me. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Hi

Hope this is the right thread to ask this, I'm 31 myself and have always wanted to be a garda. The only reason I didn't try and join is that I have a very nice home at the moment with my girlfriend and now have a 6 month old son, and I am afraid that after the training (of course I'm being very presumptious of getting in in the 1st place ;)) I would be relocated in a different part of the country. I've worked hard to build my house mortgage free and just wouldn't really want to start all over again with that. I know I'd have to start again in the salary scale and that but I still have it in me to try and join. I hate my job at the moment (technician) and have always seen this repect in the garda and the job satisfaction you must get out of doing this job. I suppose my question is, is there anybody here, older person maybe that has worked for a few years, maybe married with kids even, and taken the pludge and not regreted it? Do the GS now maybe relocate 30-40 miles from your homeland? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭onthebeat

Hey guys. Have people got a date for the aptitude or what?

I registered to be notified in march when the next drive was coming up. Thats all i know.

i got an email today saying to apply now. When i click on that it is just a blank page, i cant fill in any info, this happen for anybody?

• Advertisement

thanks haz feel bit better but cant help but think im at a MAJOR disadvantage... what interview will the issue be raised at the imformal with the super or the formal. does anyone know

I'm afraid either or both. Sorry for being so vague!

Advertisement