Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 1c - Informal Meeting

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭horse1

iony wrote: »
    Thank's a lot horse1,here's my e.mail ION_CARABUS@YAHOO.COM,can you please send me some information reguardin to the interview part..?anythin u can remember,few tips?thank you so much!!!!

hi iony, i sent you a private message to your boards account because it was handier for me. hope it helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Geri Boyle

I'm still waiting on a call from my Super. I've met my Sergeant but no word at all from the Super. I did my interview 3 and a half weeks ago ( :eek: Jesus, is it that long ago?!)

Is it too cheeky to call him? Should I just sit tight? I fear I've been forgotten about...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭horse1

Blue Belle wrote: »
    I'm still waiting on a call from my Super. I've met my Sergeant but no word at all from the Super. I did my interview 3 and a half weeks ago ( :eek: Jesus, is it that long ago?!)

Is it too cheeky to call him? Should I just sit tight? I fear I've been forgotten about...

I never met my Super. I just met my Inspector. Not everyone meets the Super. Were you told that your had to meet him/her

horse1 wrote: »
    I never met my Super. I just met my Inspector. Not everyone meets the Super. Were you told that your had to meet him/her

Yep, my local Sergeant told me to expect a call from the district Super. He doesn't work in my local station but in the head district station if you know what I mean... (am I confusing things here?!)

Anyways, I figured he was waiting to see if I passed the interview and would call me if I did. I got word 2 weeks ago that I passed the interview but I still haven't heard from him..

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭madbadger

Blue Belle wrote: »
    Yep, my local Sergeant told me to expect a call from the district Super. He doesn't work in my local station but in the head district station if you know what I mean... (am I confusing things here?!)

Anyways, I figured he was waiting to see if I passed the interview and would call me if I did. I got word 2 weeks ago that I passed the interview but I still haven't heard from him..

I had my interview around the same time as you blue belle, only got called to meet my local super yesterday... so i'd say sit tight. As for meeting him it was really relaxed, he just had a chat with me, bout 10mins, turned out he knows the garda i had as a reference, so he was like good look with the rest of it & we hope to see you soon.. Happy days. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 iony

hi there guys,i've my 2nd stage nxt Tuesday,and i'll start early in the mornin,it'll be at 9.15 i'll have to register for the Report Writting Test...is there anyone who can help me with a last minute advice and maybe a few tips..?thank's a lot and wish you all the best!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 dado76

lads,i am waiting for my medical at the moment,i handed my form B in june,had my interview in august,got results in september,got a word from hr receiving my form B and looking for further info,so where do you fit in meeting with super/inspector?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 dado76

obviously,i have never met him

dado76 wrote: »
    lads,i am waiting for my medical at the moment,i handed my form B in june,had my interview in august,got results in september,got a word from hr receiving my form B and looking for further info,so where do you fit in meeting with super/inspector?
    hi there..as far as i remember when i first send the documents away...if you'll pass the first stage,then is the second stage with the Report Writing Exercise,followed by the Verbal Evaluation Test,and then the Interview itself in front of a Commission,and only after that,if everything goes ok,the Medical and the physical test...i've my second stage next Tuesday(14th Oct)..i wish you all the best!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 successful

ok, thanx

• Advertisement

hi there guys...i'm just glad it's all over with the stage 2..such a long day..all i can do now is just stay relax and wait for the result..:Dthe Report Writing Exam was ok,a quick video about 3mins long,with plenty of details,i just couldn't get one of the witnesses's full name,where i was sitting in the room,couldn't hear properly,was like a distorsion with the speakers..and at the Verbal Evaluation test..well what can i say...all the phrasses were so long and awkward..took ages to read them...so many of them in such a short period of time...the interview i think was ok,despite the one hour delay...all the best to you all!!!!!:D:D

I just got a call to meet the super next Monday. Yay i feel like something is happening again! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 google08

What batch are you in ?
    I done my interview a month or so ago

Im in batch 2, and did my interview towards the end of Aug. Saying that, meeting the Super can happen at any time so my timeline is probably useless to you! Sit tight and wait, that's all you can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Alias B

I met the super today!! Passed the interview since July but only submitted form B recently!!! It was 15 mins in total but a very relaxed conversation! He did ask me a lot of questions but not in a probing manner! Nothing to be nervous about!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

Folks,

Succesfull has been banned for at least 10 days from this forum for attempting to sell copyrighted material despite a warning from Chief and I have given a warning to one poster who breached the forum charter by mentioning this product and where it came from. Any further breaches of the charter will be dealt with fairly but please keep in mind the charter is there to protect users and boards.ie.

If you feel a poster is trolling, spamming (in this case) or breaching the charter in any way please use the Report button. It can be found on each post on the bottom left, third one in. Myself and the Mods can then review it and take action if needed.

thanks

TheNog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 marge82

Hi i'm a first time poster. I got my letter the other day and it said i failed stage 2. Disappointed but i'm sure i'll try again. The thing is my local garda inspector rang to arrange his informal interview. He had me on this list, does that mean maybe the pas made a mistake and i did pass the interview..has this happened to any one else. help please..

thanks

marge82

Hi Marge, unfortunately it's very unlikely that PAS got it wrong. Alot of people meet the super or inspector before their interview so chances are you were on his list before you did your interview. I would suggest you call the inspector and explain that you got a letter to say you were unsuccessful and check to see if he would still like to meet with you. Best of luck with it next time round. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 marge82

Thanks Blue Belle...I'll give them a ring on tuesday just to make sure ..:)

• Advertisement

Hi there guys,went for the Second stage on the 14th of October,i've been told it'll take between 2 to 3wks for the result...3wks passed,and gave them a call,and i was told that they won't have a result for me if i didn't send my Educational Documentation to NQAI(National Qualification Authority Of Ireland)because i had the education in a foreign country...
    I didn't know a thing about that..i feel so bad..i've been told back home in Romania when i was in college that my diplomas are recognized anywhere in the World..i got the aplication form for the NQAI,and i'll send it tomorrow,but they've told me it'll take between 2 to 12wks!!!!!i'm crackin up..:mad::mad:
    i don't understand why they didn't tell me that when i attended the first stage and gave them all the documents...kinda silly..

Advertisement