Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 2 - The Interview

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭karlokarl

Blue Belle wrote: »
    No, it's probably sitting at home waiting for me.
    Might have to go home at lunch time and check!

Well good luck! Let us all know how you do!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 jillybean

karlokarl wrote: »
    Hey jillybean congrats on passing! I handed my form B im about 2 months ago and the Garda in the station didn't know what he was doing...I had to tell him to sign the specific areas and give me the receipt! None of my references have benn contacted so far and I haven't met with anyone either. Hope they didn't lose it!!

Thats grand, its not just me then! Well done on passing, I'm finding it difficult to stop grinning at the moment! I keep checking the letter to make sure I havent imagined passing!

I dont care if I have to wait ages now for a medical, I always dreaded Stage Two as that to me was the hardest stage to get through and I've done it so YAY!

Yeah was dreading it myself!! Next stop medical.....!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

No, it's probably sitting at home waiting for me.
    Might have to go home at lunch time and check!

I think i might have to do the same.

Congrats karlokarl and Jillybean, delighted for ye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭horse1

well done to everyone that passed

Just popped home to check the post at lunch time, WooHooooo, passed it... Can't quite believe it:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Geri Boyle

MOG7 wrote: »
    Just popped home to check the post at lunch time, WooHooooo, passed it... Can't quite believe it:D

:) Well done that's brilliant I'm so happy for you.

I went home to check the post aswel and it wasn't there.
    Does that mean I probably failed it? Did that happen last week, there were a day of passes and a day of fails?

:) Well done that's brilliant I'm so happy for you.

I went home to check the post aswel and it wasn't there.
    Does that mean I probably failed it? Did that happen last week, there were a day of passes and a day of fails?

I wouldn't think so, by the sound of things all the letter, fail or pass are sent out at the same time. *fingers crossed for you*

I wouldn't think so, by the sound of things all the letter, fail or pass are sent out at the same time. *fingers crossed for you*

I really hope so.

Anyway, congrats to everyone who passed, one step closer! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭pink star

Hey guys congrats, i'm delighted for you all!! I won't be home til 6 so not sure if there is anything there yet!! I can only imagine the feeling of passing! It's great to hear:o

• Advertisement

Fingers crossed for both of ye.

I have a very bad feeling now because I didn't get mine today. It doesn't look good for me at all.

I have a very bad feeling now because I didn't get mine today. It doesn't look good for me at all.

Hey Blue belle, just spoke with my mam...no letter for me either!! I'm feeling the exact same as you right now!! Was so excited reading all the mails from the guys that passed. I had my interview the same day as you. I'm trying not to think badly but can't help it. Where abouts are you though?? I'm in Limerick just wondering if the post is that bad!!

karlokarl wrote: »
    Hey jillybean congrats on passing! I handed my form B im about 2 months ago and the Garda in the station didn't know what he was doing...I had to tell him to sign the specific areas and give me the receipt! None of my references have benn contacted so far and I haven't met with anyone either. Hope they didn't lose it!!

Hey Jillybean, I had the same problem, no1 at the station had a clue but they must have managed it in the end. I have already met the sergeant and super. It's the sergeant who contacts your references, but if your still worried in a week or two you could go in and ask them to just check and let them know ou are just concerned.

pink star wrote: »
    Hey Blue belle, just spoke with my mam...no letter for me either!! I'm feeling the exact same as you right now!! Was so excited reading all the mails from the guys that passed. I had my interview the same day as you. I'm trying not to think badly but can't help it. Where abouts are you though?? I'm in Limerick just wondering if the post is that bad!!

I'm in Dublin. I was thinking that too. Trying to convince myself that my sorting office has alot more letters to deal with so maybe that's the delay.
    Anyway, it's probably needless worrying for both of us.
    Chin up, we'll have our news tomorrow and hopefully it will be good news for us both!

I'm in Dublin. I was thinking that too. Trying to convince myself that my sorting office has alot more letters to deal with so maybe that's the delay.
    Anyway, it's probably needless worrying for both of us.
    Chin up, we'll have our news tomorrow and hopefully it will be good news for us both!

Oh I hope so lets just try stay positive and hope we get the news tomorrow...i just hope its the news we want. That letter is gonna make or break me!! I think I'm going to go out tonight to try forget about it. Let me know tomorrow ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭woohoo

Just home and got the letter!!!! I PASSED!!!!!!!!! Actually shocked!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Well done to everyone who passed. Sorry to hear of anyone who didn't pass...

I did mine on Friday!

Listen, the both of ye will be fine. If you read back a good few pages you'll see that not everybody gets their letters at the same time, regardless of pass or fail. Fingers crossed for both of you!!

And Bluebelle and Pink sta look at it this way, Karlokarl did his interview on Monday and only got word today. I live in the sticks so not really busy post offices in Offaly:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭woohoo

Oh I hope so lets just try stay positive and hope we get the news tomorrow...i just hope its the news we want. That letter is gonna make or break me!! I think I'm going to go out tonight to try forget about it. Let me know tomorrow ;)

Hi Pink star I'm on Limerick too and got mine...you'll probably get the good news tomorrow!! :D

Will do. I might have to go out for one or ten myself tonight! :)
    Oh God, I hope it's not bad news.

Will do. I might have to go out for one or ten myself tonight! :)
    Oh God, I hope it's not bad news.

Ye better have someone ready and waiting for ye're letters cause i can't even relax without knowing how yw did for some reason! I thought waiting for my results was hard work, would ye hurry up and get the good news *touch wood* :p:)

Ye better have someone ready and waiting for ye're letters cause i can't even relax without knowing how yw did for some reason! I thought waiting for my results was hard work, would ye hurry up and get the good news *touch wood* :p:)
    Aw thats so sweet! I do actually have someone waiting on the postman for me tomorrow! Anyway, hopefully it comes and hopefully its good news. I cant take much more of this!

Well, it finally arrived...and it was good news! I passed. I cannot believe it, I am the happiest right now that I have ever been! :D:D:D
    Thanks for all the words of support and encouragement from everyone. You have all been so nice, and I really appreciate all the help.
    I am so so happy. :D

woohoo wrote: »
    Hi Pink star I'm on Limerick too and got mine...you'll probably get the good news tomorrow!! :D

I'm out in Dromkeen only moved their about 2months ago and the postman likes to come around 4 and half the time doesn't bring the post. I'm feeling so sick right now....I hate this waiting game. I have someone at home today I wasn't going to ask my mam to open it if it came but if it does she can open it right away!! Blue Belle, your my only hope today of knowing if the letter arrives!!! Fingers crossed and I tell you I think i'll be writing a letter of complaint to An Post for putting me under serious pressure and stress! Do you think I'll get compensation??? :p....Just saw your post Blue Belle, I'm delighted for you, fantastic news....

• Advertisement

I'm out in Dromkeen only moved their about 2months ago and the postman likes to come around 4 and half the time doesn't bring the post. I'm feeling so sick right now....I hate this waiting game. I have someone at home today I wasn't going to ask my mam to open it if it came but if it does she can open it right away!! Blue Belle, your my only hope today of knowing if the letter arrives!!! Fingers crossed and I tell you I think i'll be writing a letter of complaint to An Post for putting me under serious pressure and stress! Do you think I'll get compensation??? :p....Just saw your post Blue Belle, I'm delighted for you, fantastic news....

Thanks Pink Star. Your good news is on the way I can feel it!
    I had to get my mam to open mine too, She was in the car about to pull out of the drive and the postman walked passed her, so she beeped him and frightened the life out of him :D
    Serves him right, making me wait so long hahaha

Well, it finally arrived...and it was good news! I passed. I cannot believe it, I am the happiest right now that I have ever been! :D:D:D
    Thanks for all the words of support and encouragement from everyone. You have all been so nice, and I really appreciate all the help.

Congrats Blue Belle, does this mean all the posts of you worrying and panicing are finally going to stop?:p Ah no, well done and now its just to wait and see when we get the medical. I love waiting:rolleyes:

Congrats Blue Belle, does this mean all the posts of you worrying and panicing are finally going to stop?:p

Yes, it more than likely does mean that :o ahem, sorry bout that.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭madbadger

Congratulations..... Another Dub to add to the force... & i can join you too. Got mine this morning, only sat the interview on saturday, so was crazy to see that envelope so soon. I'm over the moon now!! What a feeling (excitement, relief, joy!!) It's class!!! :D:D

madbadger wrote: »
    Congratulations..... Another Dub to add to the force... & i can join you too. Got mine this morning, only sat the interview on saturday, so was crazy to see that envelope so soon. I'm over the moon now!! What a feeling (excitement, relief, joy!!) It's class!!! :D:D

Congratulations madbadger! G'wan the dubs ;)

+1 on the emotions- excitement, relief, joy! It's a mixed bag alright.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

• Advertisement

Ha ha...im a dub myself aswell!! Congrats Blue Belle and madbadger!!

Pink Star, let us know how you get on, I have fingers and toes and everything crossed for ya here!

I wonder how Shakin did?

I wonder how Shakin did?

+1

*crosses fingers and toes*

Pink Star, let us know how you get on, I have fingers and toes and everything crossed for ya here!

I got it guys!!! I have been goin nuts all day but good news all round for all of us. I'm over the moon, bloody tears and all!! Well done all you guys and thank you so much :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭The Dude 87

Congrats to everyone who passed!:D:D:D:D Its a great a feeling......enjoy it!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭Murphy(Cork)

Boards.ie must be better than any prep course, with the pass rate here.

Boards.ie must be better than any prep course, with the pass rate here.

Ye it is really good alright.....could not of getting this far without it!:D

Only if it made the medical come faster:D

Only if it made the medical come faster:D

I take your still waiting Murphy??

• Advertisement

congrats to everyone that passed. your hard work has paid off.

im still waiting for the call for the medical aswel.do ya think we will make the november intake if the medical and pct goes well or is it looking like february

November looks doubtful alright. People in batch 1 may be lucky tho..
    But there is no guarantee that there's one in February either. More than likely going back to the old system of one to two intakes a year. November is already a smaller intake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭ta moko

well done blue im thrilled for ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

I wonder how Shakin did?

hey i got mine last thursday and passed! havent been near a computer since with work. well done mog7 and blubelle and all the rest. got mine on the thursday was due to meet super on friday, so when i went in he already knew and was in a rush to court so i was there about 8 mins! after me getting the suit out and everything! still dont care roll on the medical.

so does this mean we couyld be in for november thats 8 weeks away doesnt seem too farfetched?

november is looking unlikely. im from the may competition batch 1 and i havent got a call for a medical yet.

there are also people from the jan competition and before that are still waiting on their medical

shakin wrote: »
    hey i got mine last thursday and passed! havent been near a computer since with work. well done mog7 and blubelle and all the rest. got mine on the thursday was due to meet super on friday, so when i went in he already knew and was in a rush to court so i was there about 8 mins! after me getting the suit out and everything! still dont care roll on the medical.

so does this mean we couyld be in for november thats 8 weeks away doesnt seem too farfetched?

Congrats Shakin! Deligted for ya. :D

As for getting in in November. I think at this stage it's all pie in the sky. It will depend on whose background checks are completed first and there's not really much we can do about that.

I got it guys!!! I have been goin nuts all day but good news all round for all of us. I'm over the moon, bloody tears and all!! Well done all you guys and thank you so much :)

Pink Star I'm so happy for you! That's great, well boards.ie are having alot of luck lately with the pass rates on here! Hopefully we'll all be seeing each other in uniform very soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭madbadger

Hopefully we'll all be seeing each other in uniform very soon :)

Here here... +1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 padlad88

Hey all i got mi interview feedback 2day and i just wanted to know if the qualifying score to pass interview and report exercise changes from year to year and if so why is this?report exercise was 2,2,2,4 and now its 4,2,6,8 wil it go up again next year?
    tanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭DK47

padlad88 wrote: »
    Hey all i got mi interview feedback 2day and i just wanted to know if the qualifying score to pass interview and report exercise changes from year to year and if so why is this?report exercise was 2,2,2,4 and now its 4,2,6,8 wil it go up again next year?
    tanks

the qualifying score is calculated from every one who did the test that day, or what ever. so i can change up or down!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement